• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

Poor kid. If getting suspended is not bad enough, he is subjected to 11 pages of bullshit. Man, we are starved for some real sports news.

Says it All! 75 days until Kickoff in NOLA.

It’s LOWF to prioritize the moral high ground over the way infractions are penalized at programs that actually compete for championships. We can disagree, and there’s room for interpretation.

It's LOWF to believe we can't compete with the big programs because we are small and academically-inclined. That has always been our definition.

It's not LOWF to have ethical standards and to strive to be better than other programs. You use "moral high ground" like it is a bad thing. Fuck that. We can do things the right way *and* win. We're doing it in a number of other sports right now. If kids don't want to play by the rules, they can go to one of those "programs that actually compete for championships." I will continue to believe that we can do both. That is the *obverse* of LOWF.

Sorry to hear this.

Hopefully some good may come of it for those directly affected.

This is obviously something more serious than the traffic incidents listed because nobody would suspend their starting QB for 3 games for something this minor IMO. For three games I am almost positive it is for a 2nd offense after a warning was issued and ignored. What the infraction/violation was exactly is not our business, but I think we all know the most likely rule violation which led to this and it wasn't the traffic citations

What has been given minimal attention here is that RS Soph TE Thomas Cole also was suspended at the same time for the same three games. I think he was being looked at hard as a possible replacement for Cam.

This is obviously something more serious than the traffic incidents listed because nobody would suspend their starting QB for 3 games for something this minor IMO. For three games I am almost positive it is for a 2nd offense after a warning was issued and ignored. What the infraction/violation was exactly is not our business, but I think we all know the most likely rule violation which led to this and it wasn't the traffic citations

I think the 2nd infraction was an incorrect read on the RPO. Clawson is just a hardass.

Rule of thumb for driving around with an open container -- Don't speed and make sure your registration is up to date. Otherwise, finish the drink before you get in the car and then don't speed and make sure your registration is up to date.

Rule of thumb for driving around with an open container -- Don't speed and make sure your registration is up to date. Otherwise, finish the drink before you get in the car and then don't speed and make sure your registration is up to date.

This is solid advice.
Guaranteed to eliminate the multiplier effect on infractions.

3 games for a 2nd violation of weed (seems like you’re assuming that too) in this day and age is absurd.

Been awhile but happy to be back....

I had been thinking before the suspension that Newman or Hartman would wind up the starter at some point. Hinton has always needed two things to happen together in order to become the best QB option 1) Stay Healthy (read stay on field) 2) consist short passing game (which he has never shown). Both had to be there for Wake to win double digits and Hinton has never shown both simultaneously so I’ve had doubts.

Newman gets the initial nod. He was very consistent if not unspectacular during the spring. Steady. This team will thrive with steady. Great receivers who need just short clean passes to break big plays. Solid depth and skills at running back behind a really good OL.

Not saying Hinton still can’t be a marquee player by adding a spectacular running option, but without 1 and 2 above, I’ll take Newman or Hartwell. As for Hartman, I’d do all I can to give him playing time in first two games but if Newman plays well, get him ready for BC and ND. He would start ND if the Deacs are 3-0 behind steady play.

Last edited:
You obviously mean Hartman, unless we have a new transfer QB

Back