• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

Well, where to begin...The mention of PhDeac was a little jab at him for running to Hinton's defense every time anyone wrote anything that could looked at as a slight...Sorry some people didn't find it amusing...And I wonder if I wasn't a LEO (now retired after 38 years of proud service) if there would have been any allegation of racism in my comments, which there wasn't...Hinton may have been our best bet at a double figure win season, but we won't know...

It's hard to run successful athletic programs when the entire school leadership seems to be dead set against any success in that regard. The stuff doesn't seem to happen anywhere else in the ACC except Wake Forest and it happens to us practically before every season

Well, been awhile since we had a knothead….Lewis was last one, yes ?

Kevin Sousa
2isz1ig.jpg

It's hard to run successful athletic programs when the entire school leadership seems to be dead set against any success in that regard. The stuff doesn't seem to happen anywhere else in the ACC except Wake Forest and it happens to us practically before every season

Pretty important to note, as I think you're drawing comparison to the baseball suspensions, that this was announced by Clawson. He's the one that pulled the trigger on this (at least that's the appearance from news release)

The baseball suspensions were always termed a violation of athletics department rules. Not team rules. Minimal but important distinction.

Really curious what they did to get a 3 game suspension. Thats a lot more than just slap on the wrist. Also, I know I am late to the party, but what was the story behind Kearns' dismissal?

Good thing they changed the redshirt rules changed, maybe now we can see Hartman in a game or so, but still redshirt him.

Well, where to begin...The mention of PhDeac was a little jab at him for running to Hinton's defense every time anyone wrote anything that could looked at as a slight...Sorry some people didn't find it amusing...And I wonder if I wasn't a LEO (now retired after 38 years of proud service) if there would have been any allegation of racism in my comments, which there wasn't...Hinton may have been our best bet at a double figure win season, but we won't know...

I had no idea you were a LEO. Still thought you phrased it oddly. Probably a good idea to stop calling people someone's boy unless they are actually their son.

I had no idea you were a LEO. Still thought you phrased it oddly. Probably a good idea to stop calling people someone's boy unless they are actually their son.

Uh-oh, PC strikes again. Also, Clawson evidently doesn't fuck around....which is probably why he has been so successful. I thought that was what many of you liked about him. When he lays down a set of rules for his players, he expects them to be followed. Again, that is one reason why he has been so successful. If you just let everyone on the team do whatever the hell they want to do, you are never going to win anything.

Posted by a guy who didn’t bet Clawson wouldn’t have a winning season last year.

Are we sure it’s weed? I thought that was a one game suspension. Three games seems more significant.

Not the first time a key player got busted during the offseason. That’s what Barclay sat for, right?

Strict authoritarianism is of course the reason our coach is successful *checks the top 25* hey waitaminute

Whatever they did was a lapse of judgement and a very poor decision/choice.
Claws on has always been very clear about expectations.
I hope one of the other QBs takes this opportunity to grab the starting role and not let it go.

Driving on the quad was epic. Doubt this is as exciting.

I have a hard time believing this is for weed. Whatever this was, Clawson decided two games wasn’t enough, that he had to suspend them for an ACC game, for one-quarter of the season. Whatever they did, it was extremely selfish of Hinton and I hope Newman or Hartman steps up and never gives the job back to him.

Hinton again loses a job that was his for the taking. Hope one of Newman/Hartman run away with the gig.

Didn’t Grobe have a 3 strikes policy or something? 1 game for 1st positive test. 3 games for 2nd. Gone after 3rd. Maybe Claw just adopted that.

here's a a tip for 2018. Don't call a 20 year old African American man, "boy". Just don't do it.

here's a a tip for 2018. Don't call a 20 year old African American man, "boy". Just don't do it.

I took the comment as a jab completely at Ph. Guess he should have said “Ph’s man”? or “Ph’s homey”? Those would have been better?

Back