• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

If this suspension really is over weed, Clawson needs to pull the stick out of his ass.

It may be out of claw’s hands just like we recently witnessed with 3 of our baseball players being suspended for most of the season.

When my son was playing for Wake, Clawson told all of the parents and kids, I have only a few rules. One of them was if you smoke weed, and we find out, you are gone. I have no idea if that was this was about, but Clawson is crystal clear on expectations with players and parents.

here's a a tip for 2018. Don't call a 20 year old African American man, "boy". Just don't do it.
No, just no. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Just like Buzz Williams is my boy and Bryant Crawford is RJ's boy.

PC police are the worst.

My source says Hartman will be the guy this year. Has the IT factor.

Wait. No one actually assumed there was a racist connotation to what was posted, right? Can we suspend some of our fans too?

Without following football threads much, I could see how saying the black qb was a prominent black poster's "boy" could be seen as a passing racist remark.

But I think most would be able to see past that and realize what the poster was really trying to say.

When my son was playing for Wake, Clawson told all of the parents and kids, I have only a few rules. One of them was if you smoke weed, and we find out, you are gone. I have no idea if that was this was about, but Clawson is crystal clear on expectations with players and parents.

You have to respect that. But it makes a violation of the rule inexcusable.

Without following football threads much, I could see how saying the black qb was a prominent black poster's "boy" could be seen as a passing racist remark.

But I think most would be able to see past that and realize what the poster was really trying to say.

It doesn't even make sense as a racist comment but is beyond ridiculous since calling someone your "boy" is a very common term of admiration.

Wait. No one actually assumed there was a racist connotation to what was posted, right? Can we suspend some of our fans too?
The ones who read that post and immediately made a racial connotation are the ones with the problem.

We should be concentrating on more important things like how police are the worst.

This.

In this thread, a bunch of white dudes get mad that they shouldn't use the word "boy" to describe an African American man anymore.

This is one of the worst threads ever. There was nothing racist. It was a playful shot at Ph for defending him at every turn.

This is dumb, if true.

Posted by a guy who didn’t bet Clawson wouldn’t have a winning season last year.

Are we sure it’s weed? I thought that was a one game suspension. Three games seems more significant.

Not the first time a key player got busted during the offseason. That’s what Barclay sat for, right?

Yeah, sounds like smoking very good weed while wearing a Carolina hat or something.

I doubt it was smoking weed one time and getting caught that was the reason for 3 game suspension. I would suspect it is for getting caught the 2nd time doing it and we seem to forget another player was involved here that was probably caught doing the exact same thing.

Friendly reminder that a word can have multiple connotations and that's just how language works; no matter how many times you call "PC Police" on it.

Certainly one of the connotations of the word "boy," associated with a person of color, is historically demeaning - this is nothing new to 2018.
Certainly another connotation of the word "boy" is a term of friendship - used to describe people you're close to.

Usually, we rely on context clues to figure out which connotation applies in each usage. That's hard on a message board. Hence, drama. Don't get mad tho.

Back