• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

Does anyone have any video of Newman playing? I have always thought his size and apparent athleticism was promising, and after watching that interview posted above I could get used to hearing his post game interviews for the next few years. For whatever reason I have just always thought he could be really successful given the opportunity and some experience.

Does anyone have any video of Newman playing? I have always thought his size and apparent athleticism was promising, and after watching that interview posted above I could get used to hearing his post game interviews for the next few years. For whatever reason I have just always thought he could be really successful given the opportunity and some experience.

There's not a lot of game time to go on. I know last year against Presby he threw a couple of really good deep balls that probably should've been caught. Wonder how much less of a threat he is with his feet than Hinton is?

Our first two games, the QB should just hand off to Carney-Beal-Colburn. Don't give BC any film of value. Have them play 8 in the box.

There's not a lot of game time to go on. I know last year against Presby he threw a couple of really good deep balls that probably should've been caught. Wonder how much less of a threat he is with his feet than Hinton is?

Video of Jamie's high school days aren't going to provide much of a glimpse into his skills. He had a terrible line and was basically forced to make plays by himself or give the ball to his best friend (who's now at N.C. Central). Clawson told me after last year's spring game (2017) that when he got to campus, they weren't sure he was going to stick at QB because he came in so raw. He's worked his ass off to stick in the QB room and learn the playbook.

He has a big arm and from what I saw in the spring, he's gotten much more accurate than when he was at Graham. He's obviously got speed to be a dual-threat and (again obviously) the size to run over DBs.

It may be out of claw’s hands just like we recently witnessed with 3 of our baseball players being suspended for most of the season.

Whose hands is it in if it’s not in Clawson’s? Is this coming from Wellman or NCAA?

Video of Jamie's high school days aren't going to provide much of a glimpse into his skills. He had a terrible line and was basically forced to make plays by himself or give the ball to his best friend (who's now at N.C. Central). Clawson told me after last year's spring game (2017) that when he got to campus, they weren't sure he was going to stick at QB because he came in so raw. He's worked his ass off to stick in the QB room and learn the playbook.

He has a big arm and from what I saw in the spring, he's gotten much more accurate than when he was at Graham. He's obviously got speed to be a dual-threat and (again obviously) the size to run over DBs.

Good to know. I figured he probably had some work to put in, but jeez it'd be great to see a 6'4" 225 QB with wheels and an arm taking snaps behind our experienced O-line.

Our first two games, the QB should just hand off to Carney-Beal-Colburn. Don't give BC any film of value. Have them play 8 in the box.

Will one of those three be throwing it to Dortch then?

Anybody know Newman's 40 time? I'm sure he doesn't have Hinton-like quicks, but if his open field wheels are similar to Wolford's or Hinton's, then I think he'll have plenty of escapability - which hopefully he won't need too often behind an experienced OL.

Assuming he starts, our redzone run package with some combo of him, Carney, Colburn, Dortch, & Washington should be filthy. Very few defenders are going to stop Carney/Colburn one on one, and if they sell out for the RB, then Newman should be able to bull through most non-DL. Not to mention hitting Dortch on a RPO quick slant/bubble or Washington on a fade/slant. I'm now ready for some football.

I guess you have to respect the way Clawson runs his program, but let's be honest, if this happened at a powerhouse program, Hinton would maybe miss one half of play. Last year, Baker Mayfield missed zero time in the first game after drunkenly fleeing from police and being tackled in a public embarassment for him and OU.

Whatever he did, Hinton is an idiot for blowing this opportunity, but this situation further adds to the perception that Wake likes to win "Compliance ACC/National Championships" rather than actual championships (other than country club sports of course!). A part of me thinks Wellman and his lackeys are pleased by this, as it lets them further flex their moral superiority muscles.

You know there was a time a while back when Florida State, Miami and several other schools were breaking the rules pretty significantly and the Wake fans always would say "I'm glad we run a clean program and hold our players accountable"
I'd still like to think most people feel that way. If there are rules than follow them. If you don't want to follow the rules go somewhere else. Sorry, but I guess I'm too much of a hard ass.

You know there was a time a while back when Florida State, Miami and several other schools were breaking the rules pretty significantly and the Wake fans always would say "I'm glad we run a clean program and hold our players accountable"
I'd still like to think most people feel that way. If there are rules than follow them. If you don't want to follow the rules go somewhere else. Sorry, but I guess I'm too much of a hard ass.

That was probably also back when we were a perennial doormat, and that was the only thing people could feel good about. We've now tasted legitimate success under 2 coaches. I like a level playing field, or as close to one as possible for a school like Wake.

Again, my assumption of a weed or relatively minor other offense is just an assumption, but I'd feel confident wagering it's something for which FSU, Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, OSU, etc would not suspend a kid more than a half. I choose success over moral superiority any day. Hopefully we'll still have plenty of it this year, and the Clawson aWakening will continue.

Your ass is so very hard.

Saw him in a h.s. playoff game and thought he looked pretty bad throwing the ball. At the time he was touted as NCSU lean with Wake in the hunt, but was maybe 2-20 or something like that; several extreme overthrows and worm-burners. But OTOH, he played the whole game at linebacker and was a total beast; very obvious of his athletic ability. So I'm hoping that with a year or two of development in our system plus a lot better in front of him than of and to throw to vs. high school he's ready to get the job done. He's certainly looked capable in the limited amount of work he's had so far at Wake.

That was probably also back when we were a perennial doormat, and that was the only thing people could feel good about. We've now tasted legitimate success under 2 coaches. I like a level playing field, or as close to one as possible for a school like Wake.

It was probably also before the NCAA made a mockery of itself by going out of it's way to let the big schools get away with blatant cheating.

Wait a minute. He got suspended 3 games for speeding, expired tags, and an open container? Am I reading that correctly??? If so, then that's probably even worse than if it were weed. I got the latter two charges a few years ago (yes, I'm dumb) and just had to show up at the courthouse, and the ADA dropped them just because I asked nicely and didn't have a record.

Da'Shawn Hand was blackout drunk, passed out in the driver's seat of his car with it running, given a DUI, and missed zero time for Bama last year.

Looks like he went home and did something foolish with his boyz.

Will I now be outed a “racist fuckstick” or whatever?

Back