• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

Expired tags, speeding, and open beverages = 3 games?

C'mon, Claw.

Last edited:
Wait a minute. He got suspended 3 games for speeding, expired tags, and an open container? Am I reading that correctly??? If so, then that's probably even worse than if it were weed. I got the latter two charges a few years ago (yes, I'm dumb) and just had to show up at the courthouse, and the ADA dropped them just because I asked nicely and didn't have a record.

Da'Shawn Hand was blackout drunk, passed out in the driver's seat of his car with it running, given a DUI, and missed zero time for Bama last year.

Agree. If this is why he was suspended, it’s excessive in my opinion. Weak.

Don’t we have attorneys in Orange County that can take care of this?

Ridiculous.

C'mon, Claw.

That’s ridiculous. Suspend him for the first quarter vs Tulane. Not 3 games. Good grief man. Most of us commit the first two offenses daily lol.

Good thing he didn’t get urinating in public. That would’ve resulted in immediate dismissal.

Definitely lame for a 3 game suspension. Also lame of Hinton. The SHP sucks in Orange County.

We're minimizing a dude speeding around with an open container?

Y'all need to look past sports for a second.

Maybe Claw is starting at 3 games and may reduce it if Hinton keeps his nose clean?

I get what you're saying, but if it was a straight up DUI, he would have been charged for it.

So what's the deal with Cole? When the news broke, it seemed like a simple case of two teammates smoking weed on or near campus. Now we know Hinton got busted for an open container back home. Seems like Cole was involved in a separate incident.

Last edited:

C'mon, Claw.

I really hope there is more to Hinton's punishment than this. LAME and only happens at Wake Forest.

When I was his age I had done all that while running red lights to get away from the circle K in which I had just stolen said open container. Passenger seat doe.

I can totally see a scenario where he’s driving around sober as can be and is going 11 mph over. Also, not realizing he had expired tags. Upon closer look, the cop sees an empty can, bottle, etc. but yeah, let’s just bury our own immediately.

I had to go online to check but he is 21 so he could've been drinking and passed all the DWI tests and blown under a .08

It could've been a leftover from another time but there seem like two options here:
1. the police officer thought he had been drinking and that prompted a check of his car;
2. He hadn't been drinking but the can or bottle was in plain sight so he's an idiot.

Either way, it's not a smart move.

I get what you're saying, but if it was a straight up DUI, he would have been charged for it.

So what's the deal with Cole? When the news broke, it seemed like a simple case of two teammates smoking weed on or near campus. Now we know Hinton got busted for an open container back home. Seems like Cole was involved in a separate incident.

Cole isn’t listed in the N.C. court calendars.

If it was DUI, he'd probably be off the team. Three games for speeding with an open container seems fair.

Back