• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton Suspended First Three Games of 2018

This is obviously something more serious than the traffic incidents listed because nobody would suspend their starting QB for 3 games for something this minor IMO. For three games I am almost positive it is for a 2nd offense after a warning was issued and ignored. What the infraction/violation was exactly is not our business, but I think we all know the most likely rule violation which led to this and it wasn't the traffic citations

52/35 after midnight is meh, expired tag is meh, having a brew at 20 is really meh, but doing all 3 on NYEve is stupid not bad luck. Accept responsibility and appreciate the opportunity you earned. This was not the specific reason for the suspension but I would lay $20 it was the foundation for a very short Spring leash for Hinton that Clawson laid out.

52/35 after midnight is meh, expired tag is meh, having a brew at 20 is really meh, but doing all 3 on NYEve is stupid not bad luck. Accept responsibility and appreciate the opportunity you earned. This was not the specific reason for the suspension but I would lay $20 it was the foundation for a very short Spring leash for Hinton that Clawson laid out.

The report noted that Hinton had zero alcohol in his system. So he was not drinking. It is unclear if the passenger was of age. Doesn't excuse the bad judgment, but at least he had that going for him.

Not all cops are Deacon fans. The most serious violation was the wine was domestic!

Not all cops are Deacon fans. The most serious violation was the wine was domestic!

Since the paper today said the driving offenses had nothing to do with the suspension, we have to go back to the original assumption. Now we can also quit worrying about Hinton getting hurt or whatever, use the first 2 games to get our new QB acclimated to starting, all the pressures, etc. Based on a road game against a bottom feeder like Tulane, is given a power ranking of 91 out of 130 BCS teams in my college newsletter [we are #42], let Hartman go ahead and manage our fast break offense and kick their butts. We are 13 point favs right now so while it might not be the romp we want, hand the ball off to our 3 RB's throw quick strikes to all of our weapons and grind out 35-42 points on the road. Then we have a home opener against 1AA Towson where we can play everybody and get both QB's a lot of play. Now we are ready for the conference opener with BC and have a confidant 2 win starter.

Since the paper today said the driving offenses had nothing to do with the suspension, we have to go back to the original assumption. Now we can also quit worrying about Hinton getting hurt or whatever, use the first 2 games to get our new QB acclimated to starting, all the pressures, etc. Based on a road game against a bottom feeder like Tulane, is given a power ranking of 91 out of 130 BCS teams in my college newsletter [we are #42], let Hartman go ahead and manage our fast break offense and kick their butts. We are 13 point favs right now so while it might not be the romp we want, hand the ball off to our 3 RB's throw quick strikes to all of our weapons and grind out 35-42 points on the road. Then we have a home opener against 1AA Towson where we can play everybody and get both QB's a lot of play. Now we are ready for the conference opener with BC and have a confidant 2 win starter.

It is good that it's in-house. It's hard to explain in a job interview a encounter with the police. I had a two speeding tickets that came up, and I explained that as soon as I registered my car in NC, I never got pulled over again. It worked.

The report noted that Hinton had zero alcohol in his system. So he was not drinking. It is unclear if the passenger was of age. Doesn't excuse the bad judgment, but at least he had that going for him.

This. He could have been high at the time which would have been extremely stupid but he wasn't charged with driving under the influence so I suspect he was determined to be completely sober. A 20 year old driving around with passengers that were drinking sounds like a school night at Wake back in my day. I'm not saying it's legal, and it's certainly not smart, especially for someone as important to his team and school as he is, but let's not equate that to any significant legal issue. It was essentially a speeding ticket and an expired tag. I've had worse. Just hope he learns from his mistakes because Clawson runs a tight ship and Hinton needs to get it together quick.

This. He could have been high at the time which would have been extremely stupid but he wasn't charged with driving under the influence so I suspect he was determined to be completely sober. A 20 year old driving around with passengers that were drinking sounds like a school night at Wake back in my day. I'm not saying it's legal, and it's certainly not smart, especially for someone as important to his team and school as he is, but let's not equate that to any significant legal issue. It was essentially a speeding ticket and an expired tag. I've had worse. Just hope he learns from his mistakes because Clawson runs a tight ship and Hinton needs to get it together quick.

So are we saying Cole was a passenger? Hiding in the backseat? The two suspensions came out at the same time and for the same number of games, so it would lead one to believe that the two suspensions are related. I'm going to agree with some of the other posters and say the suspension is unrelated to the traffic violation. These suspensions are likely from something more recent. Whether Coach had Hinton on a short leash or not, he still gave the same suspension to a backup TE as he did to the starting QB. Clawson clearly doesn't play favorites.

The simplest explanation remains they were caught smoking weed together.

If marijuana is indeed the crime, they probably just failed wake drug tests. Nobody caught them.

Yeah. I'm almost positive we test significantly more often than is required by the NCAA & other schools. Test more/punish more is not a policy I support for something that's already legal in several states/cities.

Yeah. I'm almost positive we test significantly more often than is required by the NCAA & other schools. Test more/punish more is not a policy I support for something that's already legal in several states/cities.

agreed

We do.

I don't know for certain, but I imagine a big part of the reason we test/punish often is because our punishment for a failed test is much less detrimental to the team and individual than those punishments that would come down from the NCAA and legal system.

Last edited:

However, the guys should know what the policy is by now. Shouldn't be a big surprise for a fourth year guy. If they can't handle it, maybe time for some different choices in their lives.

Back