• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Putin-Trump Treason Summit

In the late 50s there was a novel called Our Man in Havana, about a bumbling British spy in Cuba who unintentionally causes an international incident with fake intelligence reports he makes up to please his superiors in London. I guess Putin can truthfully call Trump "Our Man in Washington."

isn't this the exact plot of Chernobyl

Survey says...yep.

Good thing these assholes are in the process of launching a floating nuclear power plant.

And Trump spent the better part of the G-7 meeting lobbying for Russia to return to the group. Good fucking grief.

Fallout from Russia's mysterious missile disaster suggests a nuclear reactor blew up

The deadly August 8 blast at the Nyonoksa military weapons testing range released a handful of rapidly decaying radioactive isotopes - strontium-91, barium-139, barium-140, and lanthanum-140 - which have half-lives ranging from 83 minutes to 12.8 days, the Roshydromet national weather and environmental monitoring agency said in a statement on test samples.

"These are fission products," Joshua Pollack, a leading expert on nuclear and missile proliferation, told Insider. "If anyone still doubts that a nuclear reactor was involved in this incident, this report should go a long way toward resolving that."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ows-signs-nuke-reactor-blew-up-experts-2019-8

Trump advocates for Putin at G-7 summit in move to soften Russia’s pariah status

BIARRITZ, France — President Trump capped days of advocacy on behalf of Russian President Vladi­mir Putin by announcing here Monday that he intends to invite the leader to the Group of Seven summit in 2020, which Trump will host in an election year amid warnings that Russia is actively trying to interfere again in the U.S. presidential election.

The effort would soften Russia’s pariah status and potentially bring it back into an elite club of some of the most powerful industrialized nations that lent Putin prized international legitimacy during the 14 years he attended. Russia was booted following its 2014 annexation of Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula, slimming the Group of Eight by a member.

“I think it would be better to have Russia inside the tent than outside the tent,” Trump said at a news conference Monday at the summit’s conclusion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...28b0f0-c81e-11e9-a1fe-ca46e8d573c0_story.html

The leaders sat down Saturday evening for their first joint meeting — a dinner of Basque specialties at the foot of the landmark lighthouse of Biarritz. The meal started normally, with a discussion of the fires in the Amazon. It moved on to containing Iran’s nuclear threat. But it went off the rails when Trump blasted leaders for not including Russia.

Trump’s message was that “it doesn’t really make sense to have this discussion without Putin at the table,” according to a European official briefed on the conversation among the leaders.

The official, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sharp discussions at the summit.

The entire 44-year vision of the G-7 gathering, according to the non-U.S. participants, is to hash out global issues among like-minded democracies. So the discussion quickly turned even more fundamental: whether the leaders should assign any special weight to being a democracy, officials said.

Most of the other participants forcefully believed the answer was yes. Trump believed the answer was no.
The pushback against him was delivered so passionately that the U.S. president’s body language changed as one leader after another dismissed his demand, according to a senior official who watched the exchange. He crossed his arms. His stance became more combative.

Lawrence O’donnell reporting some of Trump’s significant loans are co-signed by Russian oligarchs close to Putin.

Sailor and Moonz say the source doesn’t count unless the source is Sheryl Atkinson or a white nationalist sympathizer blogger.

I don't know what the big brouhaha is all about. Anyone would co-sign for a self-made billionaire. All those bankruptcies and non-repayment of loans were bad luck not mismanagement.

If I put myself on the hook for a billion or two for a deadbeat, I know I wouldn't ask for anything in return. I can't believe anyone would.

This is such a non-story.

Looking forward to the Duke apologists saying “You can’t expect Duke to be competitive with Alabama after losing Daniel Jones.”

Back