• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

All in one home/office printer recs please

Thanks guys!

Take a look at places like pcmag and pcworld reviews. Figure out what you need to emphasize - photos, text, copying etc. and go from there. Usually cheaper is better because none of the home market ones are made to last long.

i've been using the Brother MFC7860DW for about six years now. i don't print many "official" documents on it but it works great for run of the mill printing and scanning. do not fax from it because i use ringcentral, but it has the capability (wireless as well).
i bought an HP 8610 for color printing. scanning on that is not as good as the brother in my opinion.
figured i would be replacing both already (like deaconblue stated) but they keep going.

just make sure the scanner is big enough to xerox your butt

Personally I'd be less concerned about the printer price than the ink refills. I had heard a while back that Kodak was going to start making their inks really cheap to try to get/stay in the printer business. Note sure if they ever did this or not. Might be worth looking at refill prices too.

Personally I'd be less concerned about the printer price than the ink refills. I had heard a while back that Kodak was going to start making their inks really cheap to try to get/stay in the printer business. Note sure if they ever did this or not. Might be worth looking at refill prices too.

This is excellent advice. You can spend way more than the price of the printer in ink cartridges. For some printers even one set of cartridges costs more than the printer. Some manufacturers/models include extremely low capacity cartridges with the printer as sold so you have to buy ink sooner.

Back