• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 best BBQ restaurants in USA 🇺🇸

2 NC BBQ restaurants and one is 12 Bones in Asheville and the other is in Charlotte. :wtf:

Notice that most of the places are in big cities. Small town BBQ restaurants just not really considered. That would be most of the good ones in both Carolinas.

This list is garbage. The top 2 listed in Austin are both outdated. Rudys? Its a chain. And just not that great. Salt Lick is fine but has been passed by a number of places

Im with all of those that have blamed Foursquare

This list is garbage. The top 2 listed in Austin are both outdated. Rudys? Its a chain. And just not that great. Salt Lick is fine but has been passed by a number of places

Im with all of those that have blamed Foursquare

I like Rudy's and Salt Lick just fine. But that is just average bbq by Central Texas standards. Best I've had there was some place in Lockhart, about 30 minutes SE of Austin, and a food truck on the east side of town. I think the Lockhart place was Kreutz's (sp?). The brisket there is 1 of the most amazing things I've tasted. Haven't had the patience to wait in line for hours at Franklin's.

Best thing about rudy's is breakfast burritos with yesterdays left overs.

Coopers in Llano is my favorite Texas one-a fact that I apparently have in common with GW Bush.

The best BBQ in Asheville is Moe’s. I get Lexington not making the list, but Wilber’s in Goldsboro should have definitely been on there.

that is literally the worst online list i have ever seen. fat matts? What the fuck. That place sucks.

Any BBQ recommendations in Salt Lake City? We went to place last year that was solid and we will probably go again. But my kids love a good brisket so we may hit two places.

Any BBQ recommendations in Salt Lake City? We went to place last year that was solid and we will probably go again. But my kids love a good brisket so we may hit two places.

Do Mor(m)ons do brisket? Furthest west I've been is Colorado, and that didn't seem like brisket paradise. Seems like mostly a TX and OK thing.

If I remember correctly,Pat's in SLC had great briskets and chopped BBQ, but not great ribs.

Back