• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Flake blocking nomination of Wake Alum to 11th Circuit Court of Appeals

Lol at a Republican saying this (particularly abut another Republican):

"It is outrageous to me that another U.S. senator can hold up a circuit court judge of Britt Grant’s caliber over something totally unrelated to her qualifications,” said Perdue. “I just think that is absolutely ridiculous"

Screw that MAGA asshole judge.

The delay, it turns out, is due to Arizona Republican Jeff Flake.

The problem is “not specifically with her,” Flake said about Grant before dashing into a lunch on Wednesday. “Just working a few things out.”

CNN later reported that Flake has threatened to place a hold on all of Trump’s appellate court nominees until he hears from the White House on travel restrictions to Cuba and tariff-related issues.

Is Jeff Flake tired of being criticized for being all talk and no action? We shall see.

Jesus -- she's only been a judge for a little over a year and is being fast-tracked for the sup ct. Joke.

Jesus -- she's only been a judge for a little over a year and is being fast-tracked for the sup ct. Joke.
I know personally of at least one case where Republicans wanted to nominate someone with no courtroom experience to the district court. Somewhere along the line it was suggested that that she wouldn't stand a good chance of being confirmed.

Lol at a Republican saying this (particularly abut another Republican):

"It is outrageous to me that another U.S. senator can hold up a circuit court judge of Britt Grant’s caliber over something totally unrelated to her qualifications,” said Perdue. “I just think that is absolutely ridiculous"

Screw that MAGA asshole judge.

Not sure if you're referencing Perdue or Grant here.

Britt is one of my wife's pretty good friends from Wake, and is not a crazy MAGA person. She's conservative but is always open to real and respectful discussions. I'm not familiar with any of her decisions as a judge, and I disagree with a lot of her political views - but she's a quality person.

I'm sure she is a very nice person who is pleasant to be around at parties and who is an activist judge proactively, and quickly given her short time on the bench, denying equal and human rights to people while being fast-tracked by Trump despite having minimal experience on the bench.

https://civilrights.org/oppose-confirmation-britt-grant-u-s-court-appeals-eleventh-circuit/

Edited to add that I may have been at parties with her given that she graduated a year after me, but I don't remember her because we probably didn't run in the same circles.

Last edited:
I'm sure she is a very nice person who is pleasant to be around at parties and who is an activist judge proactively, and quickly given her short time on the bench, denying equal and human rights to people while being fast-tracked by Trump despite having minimal experience on the bench.

https://civilrights.org/oppose-confirmation-britt-grant-u-s-court-appeals-eleventh-circuit/

Edited to add that I may have been at parties with her given that she graduated a year after me, but I don't remember her because we probably didn't run in the same circles.

I can confirm she was at many frat parties and Tri Delta functions that you attended.

Had no idea she was from around my time. She looks vaguely familiar. If we was a Tri Delt, we had plenty of friends in common.

Will not deny or confirm.

Let’s see what you’ve got Flake.

Besides that it is weak and unenforceable, I love that Republicans waited until after Trump left the country to vote on this.

Back