• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maxine Waters has flipped her wig

I’m actually not sold on DC becoming a state since I think the large discrepancy in state populations is bad for democracy.

In 1790, the largest state, Virginia, was a little less than 3 times the average while the smallest, Rhode Island, was a little more than 1/4 the average.

Today, California is just over 6 times the average and Wyoming is less than 1/10 of the average.

If we wanted to get back to something like the 1790 range we would need to break up California and Texas and consolidate Hawaii, NH, Maine, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, North and South Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming.

That’s a good point.

before the obviously partisan fantasizing gets too far out of hand, everyone might recall that politics is the art of the possible

Not even you thought your white nationalist fantasies were possible a mere three years ago and yet here we are. The chances that we return to the status quo post Trump seem low. Just as likely that we descend into an authoritarian hell we can’t get out of or we stop shit before it gets too bad and the pendulum swings hard the other way.

Not even you thought your white nationalist fantasies were possible a mere three years ago and yet here we are. The chances that we return to the status quo post Trump seem low. Just as likely that we descend into an authoritarian hell we can’t get out of or we stop shit before it gets too bad and the pendulum swings hard the other way.

[insert Kevin Garnett quote here]

Do you really believe this shit? You sound like a mental patient.

1. I have no white nationalist fantasies

2. The authoritarian undemocratic hell that threatens these days is from the left

3. You are lost and confused, get some help

Do you really believe this shit? You sound like a mental patient.

Being a little hyperbolic but otherwise yeah. I’d put it at about 60%, 10%, and 30%. Those numbers will certainly change after the election in November. If the Dems fail to take a branch of government and there is further evidence of Russian interference.

I get how it sounds crazy to someone who thinks Russia didn’t interfere in our election and has no plans to do so in the future, and believes Trump did nothing illegal or that Mueller won’t find anything.

giphy.gif

Back