• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maxine Waters has flipped her wig

Trumpites are super huge snowflakes. This thread confirms.

Free speech is essential. There can be no freedom without free speech. That does not mean that I approve of what everyone says all the time.

Throwing feces on someone else's wall or establishment - even if someone wants to construe it as symbolic speech - is an act of vandalism and is illegal. I disapprove of it, whether it is pro-Trump, anti-Trump, or just obnoxious destructive behavior.

Not sure if this has already been posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-biden-baker-sarah-huckabee-red-hen-20180626-story.html

"The owner of a cookie shop turned down the opportunity to serve Vice President Joe Biden in 2012 — and the right embraced him as their small business hero. ...

He made the decision “because of conviction and principle,” the shop owner told CBS affiliate WDBJ 7 at the time. “I have a difference of opinion of the folks in that campaign, that’s what it was. Also, taking a stance for my faith, my faith in God.”...

The bakery owner said he was particularly put off by remarks made by former President Obama: “Very simply, ‘you didn’t build that.’ ...
It eventually caught the eye of Paul Ryan, the Republican Party’s Vice Presidential nominee at the time, who requested that McMurray introduce him at rally in Roanoke a few weeks later.

“We are gathered here today to send a message to the Obama-Biden team that we did build it,” he told the crowds before recalling his decision to turn Biden away. “Nothing personal, but I just happened to disagree with the President and the vice president on a few things.”

Ryan gleefully took the stage and said: “He just gave my speech. I’m voting for that guy Chris.”"

Rube takes Obama statement out of context and refuses to serve Joe, no poop throwing that I'm aware of. Restaurant owner refuses to serve compulsive liar who supports a policy of tearing kids away from parents, fainting couch and poop throwing.

Not sure if this has already been posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-biden-baker-sarah-huckabee-red-hen-20180626-story.html

"The owner of a cookie shop turned down the opportunity to serve Vice President Joe Biden in 2012 — and the right embraced him as their small business hero. ...

He made the decision “because of conviction and principle,” the shop owner told CBS affiliate WDBJ 7 at the time. “I have a difference of opinion of the folks in that campaign, that’s what it was. Also, taking a stance for my faith, my faith in God.”...

The bakery owner said he was particularly put off by remarks made by former President Obama: “Very simply, ‘you didn’t build that.’ ...
It eventually caught the eye of Paul Ryan, the Republican Party’s Vice Presidential nominee at the time, who requested that McMurray introduce him at rally in Roanoke a few weeks later.

“We are gathered here today to send a message to the Obama-Biden team that we did build it,” he told the crowds before recalling his decision to turn Biden away. “Nothing personal, but I just happened to disagree with the President and the vice president on a few things.”

Ryan gleefully took the stage and said: “He just gave my speech. I’m voting for that guy Chris.”"

Rube takes Obama statement out of context and refuses to serve Joe, no poop throwing that I'm aware of. Restaurant owner refuses to serve compulsive liar who supports a policy of tearing kids away from parents, fainting couch and poop throwing.

Nice edit job. The cookie shop owner turned down an offer to do a photo op with Biden, who wasn't in the shop. That's significantly different than kicking someone out who is simply tryinh to eat a meal

A legitimate third party is not going to form in America so long as we have single-member districts with first past the post voting.

How so? The GOP controls the executive and both chambers of Congress, plus conservatives hold an advantage on the Supreme Court.

How do you become an authoritarian regime without power?

The Democrats' problem here is simple & clear: They are badly misreading the American pulse regarding uncontrolled immigration. Advocating for lawlessness & chaos is not a winning hand. The Far Left is leading them further & further away from mainstream American opinion.

In light of this, President Trump's approval rating just ticked up two more points to an all-time high of 47%:

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/394384-poll-trump-approval-rating-ticks-up-to-47-percent

There is also this:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/har...ll-voters-support-reducing-immigration-levels

Last edited:
The Democrats' problem here is simple & clear: They are badly misreading the American pulse regarding uncontrolled immigration. Advocating for lawlessness & chaos is not a winning hand. The Far Left is leading them further & further away from mainstream American opinion.

In light of this, President Trump's approval rating just ticked up two more points to an all-time high of 47%:

thehill.com/homenews/campaign/394384-poll-trump-approval-rating-ticks-up-to-47-percent

There is also this:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/har...ll-voters-support-reducing-immigration-levels

And yet, bob, that same poll shows that 53% still disapprove of Trump. So Trump disapproval is still "mainstream", and his approval rating is still underwater in every poll. Rasmussen actually has him slipping today to 9 points underwater, which is the lowest he's been in weeks and weeks in that poll. The Gallup poll released on Monday showed him slipping from 45% approval to only 41% approval, while his disapproval rating increased from 50 to 55%. The Economist poll out today shows him slipping 3 points from their last poll, to 9 points underwater. Overall, the RCP average shows him 8.5 points underwater. That's not a majority of "Real Americans", no matter how you phrase it. To the contrary, support for Trump remains a minority sentiment among most Americans. And, if immigration was such a great issue for Republicans, bob, then why did Trump walk back his hardline policy on detaining immigrant children? Maybe it wasn't playing well in the polls?

ETA: Gallup's latest poll on immigration (June 13) states that 39% of Americans want to keep immigration at its present levels, 28% want it to increase, and 29% want it to decrease. Not exactly a thumping majority to reduce or cut immigration.

Last edited:
Doubtful. Barring anything crazy, Dems will take the House but probably not the Senate. Not sure it makes sense to bar anything crazy though since Trump and Russia create huge range of variability.

Mueller’s investigation could turn up something that suburban republicans won’t ignore. Trump could take some authoritarian action that directly impacts his voters. (Swinging results towards Dems).

Or Russia could hack the election, Republican media could control the narrative enough to scare reluctant voters to the polls, or Trump could go full authoritarian (though I think he saves that til 2020) (swinging results towards Dems).

You are both delusional and deranged

Pubs lose 6 in house

Gain 3 in the senate

[h=1]Maxine Waters says she's faced increased threats, cancels attending 2 events[/h]https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/28/politics/maxine-waters-threatened/index.html

(CNN)Rep. Maxine Waters said Thursday she's seen an increase in threats since she made controversial comments last week encouraging protesters to heckle and harass members of Trump's Cabinet in public spaces.

The California Democrat canceled two scheduled appearances in Alabama and Texas this weekend after saying she got threatening messages and "hostile mail" at her office, including "one very serious death threat" on Monday from an individual in Texas.

"As the President has continued to lie and falsely claim that I encouraged people to assault his supporters, while also offering a veiled threat that I should 'be careful', even more individuals are leaving (threatening) messages and sending hostile mail to my office," she said in a statement.

"There was one very serious death threat made against me on Monday from an individual in Texas which is why my planned speaking engagements in Texas and Alabama were cancelled (sic) this weekend," she continued. "This is just one in several very serious threats the United States Capitol Police are investigating in which individuals threatened to shoot, lynch, or cause me serious bodily harm."

Reached for comment, a spokeswoman for the US Capitol Police said they do not comment on ongoing investigations.

--------

Moonz, sailor, Angus? Which one of you was it?

Except fascism is a RW ideology.

You can't possibly be a teacher...maybe a driving teacher.

Remind me

Which party was proslavery?

Which party made up most members of the KKK?

Someone please teach me

Back