• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

So I don’t know if it was smart to get their professional careers started early or not, but this summer league confirms that they are miles away from an NBA roster spot.

I may be wrong, but had they come back and played well they each may have been able to command more overseas. Anyway, best of luck to them.

Ask wfu22

If CMM has learned how to shoot and makes it in the NBA, nobody will be happier than me. He was a talented player other than his shooting and late game blunders. Since the latter occurred under DM and have continued through other players (such as Crawford), I now place much of the blame on DM. He just gives the ball to the PG and hopes something good will happen. It rarely does.

Codi showed good vision and defensive tenacity tonight as Raptors rally to beat Denver in game 1 of Summer League bracket play. Never looked for or forced his shot so stats might not show well.

It seems like CMM has played well enough to at least earn himself a camp invite.

Moore had 4 blocks in 8 minutes yesterday, but had 0s in all other categories.

Haven’t watched any games, but based on stats it seems like Crawford is in way over his head. Hasn’t been able to contribute anything during the summer league - last night he had 3 TO in eight minutes and missed the only shot he took.

Moore hasn’t been any better. Both are ill suited for today’s NBA game and severely lacking in necessary skill. The fact that either thought they had a chance at being drafted is very unfortunate.

Just updating the thread for last nights games. Another consistent effort from our two early entrants:

Moore: 2:06 minutes / 1 rebound

Crawford: 8:53 minutes / 2 points (1-4 shooting)

I am sure both have six figure contracts overseas heading their way after this grand showing in summer league.

fef024ab41edc13cdd8115e007bd6247.gif

Just updating the thread for last nights games. Another consistent effort from our two early entrants:

Moore: 2:06 minutes / 1 rebound

Crawford: 8:53 minutes / 2 points (1-4 shooting)

I am sure both have six figure contracts overseas heading their way after this grand showing in summer league.

fef024ab41edc13cdd8115e007bd6247.gif

Seems a little dickish to keeping mocking these kids’ performances. Yeah, they probably made a mistake leaving college early. They either got really bad advice or they hated playing at Wake so much they took their chances. I’d wager Moore got bad advice and Crawford was tired of Wake. ‘Sucks for us but hopefully it works out for them’ is really the only reasonable attitude.

I think part of the problem - in terms of attitudes toward Moore and Crawford - comes from the fact that it wasn’t even close. It was bordering on absurd that those two would somehow think they were NBA players. Had they been borderline, I think a more positive attitude toward them would be pervasive.

Seems a little dickish to keeping mocking these kids’ performances. Yeah, they probably made a mistake leaving college early. They either got really bad advice or they hated playing at Wake so much they took their chances. I’d wager Moore got bad advice and Crawford was tired of Wake. ‘Sucks for us but hopefully it works out for them’ is really the only reasonable attitude.

I’ve been told that players and recruits don’t read these boards.

I think part of the problem - in terms of attitudes toward Moore and Crawford - comes from the fact that it wasn’t even close. It was bordering on absurd that those two would somehow think they were NBA players. Had they been borderline, I think a more positive attitude toward them would be pervasive.
Why does everyone assume they thought themselves to be NBA players? It seems far more likely that knew from the start that Europe was their most likely destination.

I hope these guys succeed in the NBA but it is isn't looking promising. I can't stand the fact that they left early and might not even make the NBA but oh well... them being on the team this year likely wouldn't have pushed us into an NCAA Tournament slot (we didn't even get picked for the ACC Big Ten CHallenge for god sakes)

What bothers me more, particularly because Manning hasn't been a great game coach, is that these guys leaving school early for the NBA (and not getting drafted / presumably just playing overseas) hurts Manning's recruiting credibility. If you can take a number of 3 and 4 star players and turn them into NBA players that would be very impressive on a resume. But all he has right now is John Collins.... and almost every major program coach can claim at least one NBA player... most teams we compete against have way more.

I’ve been told that players and recruits don’t read these boards.

Who cares if they read it? Are you saying it’s ok to talk shit about people as long as they don’t hear it? Go for it, dude, I guess. Generally, you seem like a kind person so I’m surprised to see the mocking tone towards some former players that probably made a bad decision. I tend more towards the realm of feeling bad for them, but that’s just me.

I hope these guys succeed in the NBA but it is isn't looking promising. I can't stand the fact that they left early and might not even make the NBA but oh well...

There's no might about it. They aren't making the NBA. They wouldn't be making the NBA by staying another season. They know it, and very likely knew it when they made their decision to leave. And despite the fatherly "you should get yourself a college education" advice that seems to be at the core of most arguments for staying, there's actually very valid career reasons for leaving early that have been covered.

Wow, Wrangor is broken. Embarrassing stuff.

Why does everyone assume they thought themselves to be NBA players? It seems far more likely that knew from the start that Europe was their most likely destination.

Because Moore said this:

“Personally, I think I’ll go late-first, early-second to mid-second. That’s where I can see myself realistically.”

I have no bad feelings about Moore or Crawford.

I just think it’s funny that people around here are still defending their obviously terrible decisions just because they must think it helps advance the narrative that Wake Forest basketball is a disaster.

Not saying it isn’t a disaster, I’m just saying the two things don’t have to be related.

I suspect Moore thought he should capitalize on his improvement while he still had some potential upside in the eyes of NBA scouts.

No clue on Crawford. Not sure why he thought he could parlay a disappointing JR season into a better pro situation. For that reason, I can buy the argument that he was just done with Wake.

“Personally, I think I’ll go late-first, early-second to mid-second. That’s where I can see myself realistically.”

Ouch. I either missed that or blocked it out. Where's that quote from?

It was in response to a question about his potential draft position. Perhaps it would have been savvier to say something vague but I imagine he was trying to convey confidence. It is no indication that he really thought or expected he would be drafted.

Last edited:
Back