• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

It was in response to a question about his potential draft positioning. Perhaps it would have been savvier to say something vague but I imagine he was trying to convey confidence. It is no indication that he really thought or expected he would be drafted.

What?

Seems like the best indicator.

What?

Seems like the best indicator.

I would think a private conversation would be the best indicator of his true feelings. I wouldn't think a public interview prior to the draft would be a time for reflection and candor.

This. No one was mocking Dinos for taking a 6 figure salary in Europe in a mid flight league where he plays sparingly

He is from Greece. It’s a little different.

It was clear he wasn’t an NBA player. I suspect he came to the US to figure that out.

His salary is also well above what Crawford and Moore will make (combined). 4 years, $2mil+. “6 figure” is a wide range.

This. No one was mocking Dinos for taking a 6 figure salary in Europe in a mid flight league where he plays sparingly

Neither Craw nor Doral will get $500K+/yr for 4 years to play overseas.

Most Euro teams make players pay their dues. Dinos is a rookie. So, he doesn't play much.

Just updating the thread for last nights games. Another consistent effort from our two early entrants:

Moore: 2:06 minutes / 1 rebound

Crawford: 8:53 minutes / 2 points (1-4 shooting)

I am sure both have six figure contracts overseas heading their way after this grand showing in summer league.

fef024ab41edc13cdd8115e007bd6247.gif

you are acting like a child

the guys left because they felt it was the right thing to do for whatever reason

yet here you are acting like a jilted lover by the decisions of two young 20 somethings. pathetic.

Tough game for CMM today. 0-5 shooting and 5 turnovers. Had five assists and five boards, and the Raptors got the overtime win, so he has a chance to redeem himself in the quarterfinals against Cleveland.

Tough game for CMM today. 0-5 shooting and 5 turnovers. Had five assists and five boards, and the Raptors got the overtime win, so he has a chance to redeem himself in the quarterfinals against Cleveland.

I watched the game today and CMM was horrible. At this point, I hope a few of these guys make G-League and a few can play overseas.

Who cares if they read it? Are you saying it’s ok to talk shit about people as long as they don’t hear it? Go for it, dude, I guess. Generally, you seem like a kind person so I’m surprised to see the mocking tone towards some former players that probably made a bad decision. I tend more towards the realm of feeling bad for them, but that’s just me.

Agree with this.

Wow, Wrangor is broken. Embarrassing stuff.

So we aren't allowed to criticize player's decisions now? .....

REWIND to Ayo commenting on Harry Giles....

Worst one-and-done ever. Congrats, Big Ticket. A title you'll hold forever.

And just like that you've been drafted over

LOL

Ayo is broken...I guess. Seems to laugh at a 19 year old's misfortune. If we are taking the moral high ground you might want to be consistent.

Who cares if they read it? Are you saying it’s ok to talk shit about people as long as they don’t hear it? Go for it, dude, I guess. Generally, you seem like a kind person so I’m surprised to see the mocking tone towards some former players that probably made a bad decision. I tend more towards the realm of feeling bad for them, but that’s just me.

I have a hard time feeling bad for someone that was offered a free Wake Forest education for playing a game (a game that I love btw) who throw that education away for instant gratification. And they are grown men at this point making grown man decisions. I don't mind criticizing grown men for poor decisions. Thats kind of what a message board is about. They made a bad choice, that is important for people to point out. An overinflated sense of self worth is an epidemic in youth sports. We might be a little better off if we stopped making excuses when young men and women make decisions like this. Instead we should illustrate the consequences.

Last edited:
He didn’t throw it away. We discussed this. They have “lifetime scholarships.”

Incorrect. They may have lifetime scholarships, but if they leave and are not in good academic standing, that could be forfeited. Also, they may not have been given lifetime scholarships from the get go.

I have a hard time feeling bad for someone that was offered a free Wake Forest education for playing a game (a game that I love btw) who throw that education away for instant gratification. And they are grown men at this point making grown man decisions. I don't mind criticizing grown men for poor decisions. Thats kind of what a message board is about. They made a bad choice, that is important for people to point out. An overinflated sense of self worth is an epidemic in youth sports. We might be a little better off if we stopped making excuses when young men and women make decisions like this. Instead we should illustrate the consequences.

Yeah but your not illustrating consequences of a (probably) bad decision, you are joyously pointing out their failures with mocking tones. You are reveling in the fact that these, basically, kids made a bad decision and will likely fail. You’re like those Wake fan hoping that the Deacs lose so that the coach will get fired because Wellman made another bad decision. That is pretty dickish, if you ask me.

Yeah but your not illustrating consequences of a (probably) bad decision, you are joyously pointing out their failures with mocking tones. You are reveling in the fact that these, basically, kids made a bad decision and will likely fail. You’re like those Wake fan hoping that the Deacs lose so that the coach will get fired because Wellman made another bad decision. That is pretty dickish, if you ask me.

What can I say? I don't think Wrangor is too troubled by the criticism of anyone using the term "dickish".....lol. You all keep up this foolishness trying to argue a mature thought with Wrangor. You're gonna prove him right eventually.

What can I say? I don't think Wrangor is too troubled by the criticism of anyone using the term "dickish".....lol. You all keep up this foolishness trying to argue a mature thought with Wrangor. You're gonna prove him right eventually.

Ok, but since it is purely a matter of opinion regarding appropriate decorum directed at two young men who probably made a bad decision, I don’t think there is any way to “prove” anyone right or wrong.

I covered this on my own board a couple weeks ago. There are no guaranteed 'lifetime scholarships' at Wake. I checked into that when I wrote my piece a couple weeks ago that included Manning's comments on their departures. There's always a 'chance' that Wake would work with a returning student-athlete down the road to help them complete their degree X amount of years removed from pursuing a professional athletic career, but there is absolutely no system in place that automatically kicks in.

Back