• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

Lowe didn't have that hard of a time finishing his degree when he finally needed to do so after being an assistant and head coach in the NBA for 15 years.

Lowe also played four years at NC State and didn't really have that much to finish.

Would suck if you had to use your life savings to do it when it would have been paid for by staying in school one more year.

I doubt it’s going to cost them their life savings to earn 20 credits from some in-state public school. And my understanding is that they will continue to be able to take classes at Wake for free.

I doubt it’s going to cost them their life savings to earn 20 credits from some in-state public school. And my understanding is that they will continue to be able to take classes at Wake for free.

And you can finish a degree online.

You need a degree to coach at most schools and colleges.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there actually are other jobs and business opportunities out there besides playing and coaching basketball.

Could you imagine Doral or BC coaching basketball ? Man. Dude.

Credits for your major are much harder to transfer into wake. My guess is that is the bulk of their remaining courses. If they want a degree then most classes will need to be completed at Wake. I'd also venture to say that they are probably a year behind schedule given that their last semester was probably not completed. The Wake tuition for life is a gray area. I'd hope they confirmed that prior to making their decision.

Credits for your major are much harder to transfer into wake. My guess is that is the bulk of their remaining courses. If they want a degree then most classes will need to be completed at Wake. I'd also venture to say that they are probably a year behind schedule given that their last semester was probably not completed. The Wake tuition for life is a gray area. I'd hope they confirmed that prior to making their decision.

They've also been in summer school since before their freshman year so they don't get behind on credits and can stay eligible while taking the minimum. That's how so many players graduate early and play their senior year someplace else.

Ultimately their degree may not be from Wake, as they transfer their earned credits elsewhere (someplace easier for 30-year old who hasn't been in a classroom in ten years).

So many old Fudds around here still thinking that a Wake degree means much to anyone but graduate degree programs and a few select intern/business job programs, neither of which are likely a path for the hypothetical 30-something Moore who has played basketball for over a decade but is flat broke and needs to go back for a degree so he can get an entry level job somewhere.

Last edited:

They may well be many more credits short of a degree than 20. Wake expects completion of 15 per semester. They are probably three semesters short of Wake degree. Their senior season plus this past spring when they dropped out of school.

They made bad decisions. While this was pretty obvious from day one, it should become a little more apparent to everyone with each day that passes.

However, the biggest part of the equation will be when we know what they'll actually be doing this year instead of playing Wake Forest basketball.

Also seems silly to argue about what they'll be doing in their 30s when we're about a decade away from that answer. Honestly, I couldn't have told you that answer for myself when I was in my early 20s.

They made bad decisions. While this was pretty obvious from day one, it should become a little more apparent to everyone with each day that passes.

However, the biggest part of the equation will be when we know what they'll actually be doing this year instead of playing Wake Forest basketball.

Also seems silly to argue about what they'll be doing in their 30s when we're about a decade away from that answer. Honestly, I couldn't have told you that answer for myself when I was in my early 20s.

Two things probably were clear about what you would be doing in your 30s. Not playing professional sports and it would be at least helpful, if not mandatory that you have a college degree to do it.

Back