• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

They may well be many more credits short of a degree than 20. Wake expects completion of 15 per semester. They are probably three semesters short of Wake degree. Their senior season plus this past spring when they dropped out of school.

Which is why they go to summer school. Did you see the weight room picture with the whole basketball team in it ? If you go to both sessions of summer school you can knock out four classes, or basically a whole semester.

Which is why they go to summer school. Did you see the weight room picture with the whole basketball team in it ? If you go to both sessions of summer school you can knock out four classes, or basically a whole semester.

Those classes help make up for carrying light loads during the rest of the year.

It's pretty dumb to argue that guys who focused on playing basketball the entirety of their 20s would then just easily switch into a new career, particularly without a degree. It's entirely possible that they could own a business, if they made enough money to do that. Not everyone can do that. The natural thing is do to the thing they know the best, which is basketball. It's why a ton of former players end up coaching in some fashion.

It's pretty dumb to argue that guys who focused on playing basketball the entirety of their 20s would then just easily switch into a new career, particularly without a degree. It's entirely possible that they could own a business, if they made enough money to do that. Not everyone can do that. The natural thing is do to the thing they know the best, which is basketball. It's why a ton of former players end up coaching in some fashion.

Got any stats in the number of former players who end up coaching? There are way less coaching jobs than there are players. There's no way it can be a significant percentage.

Last edited:
Got any stats in the number of former players who end up coaching? There are easy less coaching jobs than there are players. There's no way it can be a significant percentage.

Seriously. Even if you include high school.

I’d love to see a study of the post-basketball careers of ACC basketball players.

Somehow missed this article in the NS Journal. Was looking today to see if BC or Moore had signed with anyone overseas. Couldn't find any news on them, but ran across this. Looks pretty clear that Manning and the staff advised them stick, but the players felt otherwise (as opposed to the coaching staff giving their blessing). Not that we didn't already know it, but Manning is pretty explicit in the article that he advised the players that they were making a big mistake. You rarely see a coach being quite so forward with that information. Not saying that is good or bad, just somewhat rare.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2018/06/manning-not-surprised-wake-players-went-undrafted/

I just want to point out, for the tens (ones?) of people that care, this article was written by old "friend" Brett Friedlander. He got into some Twitter kerfuffles with some Wake fans regarding Buzzy back in the day.

This is going to sound completely obvious and asinine (because it is), but you are much more likely to get into coaching basketball if you played basketball at some level, whether it be Division I ACC Basketball or Hickory High.

I don't have statistics to back that up, but I am pretty sure everyone would agree it is a fact.

Not sure why it is even germane to a discussion of whether or not Moore & Crawford made good decisions. It's much more relevant for a discussion about someone like Miles Lester transferring to Wake Forest from Rice because he wants to get into Finance and Coaching.

Those classes help make up for carrying light loads during the rest of the year.

I would imagine the standard schedule is 12 each semester (the minimum) and 12 in the summer. I’m sure some guys do more than that. If they finished out last semester (which I’m assuming they did) that would put them at 96 hours, 24 short of a degree.

I would imagine the standard schedule is 12 each semester (the minimum) and 12 in the summer. I’m sure some guys do more than that. If they finished out last semester (which I’m assuming they did) that would put them at 96 hours, 24 short of a degree.

Makes you wonder where all these grad transfers come from.

Considering when they left school and that they were not seen on campus much after declaring, I would be surprised if they completed last semester. At best they are withdrawn passing. More probably just dropped. So that would leave them 36 credits short.

While we are baselessly guessing their academic standing I think Moore is just 8 credits short and Crawford is eleventy short.

Makes you wonder where all these grad transfers come from.

Most have a redshirt year, either from transfer (see Woods, Keyshaun), injury or developmental. Take a full (30 credit) academic load while redshirting. Add in three years of min load (24 credits per year = 72 credits) and three summers (12 credits each =36) and the total is 138. Plenty to graduate even if they fail a course or two. Or just take minimum course load during redshirt year. Still enough.ì

Most have a redshirt year, either from transfer (see Woods, Keyshaun), injury or developmental. Take a full (30 credit) academic load while redshirting. Add in three years of min load (24 credits per year = 72 credits) and three summers (12 credits each =36) and the total is 138. Plenty to graduate even if they fail a course or two. Or just take minimum course load during redshirt year. Still enough.ì

Not necessarily. Aaron Rountree graduated in three years and moved to Iona, yet you're assuming two players from the same program are miles from graduation.

Some mid-major coaches have indicated that they may slow down summer school enrollment to prevent senior year transfers.

Link?

Considering when they left school and that they were not seen on campus much after declaring, I would be surprised if they completed last semester. At best they are withdrawn passing. More probably just dropped. So that would leave them 36 credits short.

You can submit a final paper from anywhere in the world. And you can pass a class without going to class for the last month.

You can submit a final paper from anywhere in the world. And you can pass a class without going to class for the last month.

Hell, they can complete their degree at UNC without ever showing up to class at all.

Back