• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

They may have a guy with college and pro experience passing to elite bigs. Wake fans may have heard of him.

All our dreams are coming true ! Still has a chance to have a better pro career than Greg Oden.

Great spot? They have an All-Star at center. Their pick (#4) in the draft is PF/C. They have two years on PF/C Ivan Rabb's contract. Dakari Johnson is also on guaranteed contract this year.

My bad, you are always right.

They may have a guy with college and pro experience passing to elite bigs. Wake fans may have heard of him.

Haha. I hope Doral makes a ton of money in the NBA. He isn’t going to, but I hope I’m wrong. This is a mistake by him as well in my opinion. He should go overseas immediately. He isn’t going to make the roster and so he is going to play G-league and make about the same as a Chick Fil A employee while he tries to make the NBA.

Overseas he could make between $60,000-$100,000. He might as well grab as much cash as he can while he can now that he has departed from Wake.

It's a great spot because the griz are one of the few remaining teams ok playing big and slow. It will still be tough to make the team but he's getting a (long) shot because he fits there.

Come on! How could a team with the father of NBA advanced stats/PER as a VP use outdated offense? How come a team with the guy who created such a useful advanced stat be so bad for so long?

Seriously, I think Jaren Jackson, Jr., will play a majority of the minutes Gasol is off the court as their center. His D and 3 ability is what they will be building their future around.

It's a great spot because the griz are one of the few remaining teams ok playing big and slow. It will still be tough to make the team but he's getting a (long) shot because he fits there.

Hopefully you are right. The grizzlies need to tank, so perhaps there is a silver lining out there somewhere.

Haha. I hope Doral makes a ton of money in the NBA. He isn’t going to, but I hope I’m wrong. This is a mistake by him as well in my opinion. He should go overseas immediately. He isn’t going to make the roster and so he is going to play G-league and make about the same as a Chick Fil A employee while he tries to make the NBA.

Overseas he could make between $60,000-$100,000. He might as well grab as much cash as he can while he can now that he has departed from Wake.

#mff

since it was previously agreed that it was a long shot for Doral to make an NBA team when he left for the draft, now that he's on a contract can we say it's a medium shot that he makes an NBA team? or was it a long long shot before?

just want to get my terms correct for the manning credibility thread.

They may keep him on their G League team for a year or two until Gasol moves on.

since it was previously agreed that it was a long shot for Doral to make an NBA team when he left for the draft, now that he's on a contract can we say it's a medium shot that he makes an NBA team? or was it a long long shot before?

just want to get my terms correct for the manning credibility thread.

I hope Wrangor is honest with himself and admits this is much better than he expected Moore to do.

I hope Wrangor is honest with himself and admits this is much better than he expected Moore to do.

:squint: This is exactly what I expect him to do. Be a G-League player or a midlevel overseason player. He is making $127 / day to be a camp invite. If he sticks around the entire time, he could qualify for some additional money. I hope he does, and saves every last penny he earns. My recommendation at this point in his choice timeline, would be to find a good team overseas and make a life for himself. I don't see him as an NBA player, but perhaps he can find a spot...I hope he does.

Don’t believe so. That is what the $127 is for.

I'm surprised the union didn't set something better than that up. That's not even clubhouse boy tip money.

I hope he does.

Do you? In this same post you suggested that he should go overseas and make a life for himself.

--

And, yeah, RJ, I do think that Memphis is a good spot to land in for an undrafted rookie. Memphis is one of the few teams in the NBA. Regardless of what the depth chart looks like, they have done a great job investing in and developing G-League talent. They are also absurdly injury prone, almost as a rule at this point. If Doral wants to be a professional basketball player, then he shouldn't be worrying about Ivan Rabb. Plenty of 3rd and 4th string bigs in Memphis have used the opportunity to get better looks elsewhere.

tl;dr - I dig it!

People are really jumping the gun on feeding Wrangor his crow.

When Doral lands a 2 way contract it'll prove Doral was right all along. Short of that, you make jack shit hanging on as a G League player praying someone gets injured (and that the team doesn't simply sign a better player immediately). Much more lucrative to head to Europe.

Do you? In this same post you suggested that he should go overseas and make a life for himself.

--

And, yeah, RJ, I do think that Memphis is a good spot to land in for an undrafted rookie. Memphis is one of the few teams in the NBA. Regardless of what the depth chart looks like, they have done a great job investing in and developing G-League talent. They are also absurdly injury prone, almost as a rule at this point. If Doral wants to be a professional basketball player, then he shouldn't be worrying about Ivan Rabb. Plenty of 3rd and 4th string bigs in Memphis have used the opportunity to get better looks elsewhere.

tl;dr - I dig it!

Sure. I hope he succeeds. I think his best chance at success in life was finishing at Wake. I think now that he left his.m best chance is probably overseas. However, just because he is choosing option 3 doesn’t mean I want him to be penniless. I hope he makes a ton of money. Being skeptical of it happening has zero correlation with that hope. .

--

tl;dr - I dig it!

I looked at Memphis' rosters back to the 2008-09 and couldn't find a single big man they developed. There were several mediocre high first round picks, but none along the lines you posted about.

I looked at Memphis' rosters back to the 2008-09 and couldn't find a single big man they developed. There were several mediocre high first round picks, but none along the lines you posted about.

Look at the guys who got nba contracts after playing for Memphis.

We can’t all be all-stars. Sometimes a JaMychal Green is a solid outcome.

Back