• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

I thought Green had been drafted, but that's only one guy in the past decade.

Memphis has been going downhill ever since hiring Hollinger.

I thought Green had been drafted, but that's only one guy in the past decade.

Memphis has been going downhill ever since hiring Hollinger.

Okay. I'm just telling you what I've heard as a general reputation of the organization. Maybe you're right.

That said, I tend to believe it after watching Memphis give NBA jobs to a lot of guys who had no business sniffing the court otherwise and who now have better career opportunities. You're telling me that Xavier Munford, Andrew Harrison, Kobi Simmons, and Wayne Selden are worse off after playing NBA games for the Grizzlies? James Ennis parlayed his time in Memphis into a legit role on the Rockets this year. We already discussed Green.

I'm just saying that if you are an aspiring NBA player, then there are worse places to end up than Memphis. I'm not sure there are many better places, tbh.

Can we get a thread title change?

Okay. I'm just telling you what I've heard as a general reputation of the organization. Maybe you're right.

That said, I tend to believe it after watching Memphis give NBA jobs to a lot of guys who had no business sniffing the court otherwise and who now have better career opportunities. You're telling me that Xavier Munford, Andrew Harrison, Kobi Simmons, and Wayne Selden are worse off after playing NBA games for the Grizzlies? James Ennis parlayed his time in Memphis into a legit role on the Rockets this year. We already discussed Green.

I'm just saying that if you are an aspiring NBA player, then there are worse places to end up than Memphis. I'm not sure there are many better places, tbh.

What Moore now has is an excellent opportunity to prove he belongs. He can’t ask for much more than that after not being drafted.

You could end up in Brooklyn or Sacramento or Phoenix...

What Moore now has is an excellent opportunity to prove he belongs. He can’t ask for much more than that after not being drafted.

That's a fact.

If an NBA contact was included, I imagine Doral would be happy to call Brooklyn, Sacramento or Phoenix home.

Just a guess but i would think Doral's contract is a "make good" contract and not guaranteed. He is one of 21 guys on the Griz training camp roster.

It’s definitely not guaranteed.

Just a guess but i would think Doral's contract is a "make good" contract and not guaranteed. He is one of 21 guys on the Griz training camp roster.

His contract is not guaranteed. They have fifteen guarantees already. They could make a trade. Or do a buyout on Chandler Parsons.

Last edited:
His contract is not guaranteed. They have fifteen guarantees already. They could make a trade. Or do a buyout on Chandler Parsons.

Isn’t the more realistic goal for a guy like Doral to get a two-way or exhibit 10 contract?

I'm pretty sure his contract is not guaranteed.

Isn’t the more realistic goal for a guy like Doral to get a two-way or exhibit 10 contract?

You get two two-way contracts. I would think those would be used for players in positions you need security in or a player with big upside. I would love to see him get one, but I'm not holding my breath in Memphis.

You get two two-way contracts. I would think those would be used for players in positions you need security in or a player with big upside. I would love to see him get one, but I'm not holding my breath in Memphis.

The edit glitch kept me from editing this post.

How Hollinger still has a job is beyond me. Few teams have had a slide like they have. Getting rid of Lionel Hollins was the beginning of the fall of the franchise. Until this year, the Hollinger era drafts have been horrible. The talent acquisition and movement has been bad. It's amazing they have kept him.

Dakari Johnson got waived yesterday. I’m guessing that Doral is in the running for one.

RJ’s war against PER is my favorite of the RJ wars
RJ never misses a chance to rip Hollinger. It was my first thought when I saw Doral signed with the Grizz.

The edit glitch kept me from editing this post.

How Hollinger still has a job is beyond me. Few teams have had a slide like they have. Getting rid of Lionel Hollins was the beginning of the fall of the franchise. Until this year, the Hollinger era drafts have been horrible. The talent acquisition and movement has been bad. It's amazing they have kept him.
Which draft picks have been bad? They haven't had a lottery pick since Hollinger has been there until this year and have been picking regularly in the 20s. Did you want them to tank? Not re-sign Conley? Besides the Chandler Parsons abomination, what exactly don't you like about what they've done? No snark, genuinely curious. I don't follow Grizzlies basketball too closely.

Back