• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

I think the old white men think a Wake Forest undergrad degree is way more valuable than it actually is. Not to mention that these guys only have until their mid-thirties (at best) to make money playing basketball. They have way longer than that to finish their college degree if they really need it.

If they were really being smart they would squeeze as much school into two years as they could and then go play in Europe, taking classes during the off-season.

Old white men neg repping me for calling out old white men is such an old white man thing to do. Don’t change guys.

I think I read a headline from Les that said something like “Doral Moore who is on the Wizards Summer Roster Released Today”

The roster was released. Not Moore.

Oh ok..gotcha.. totally glanced at it and thought the poor guy was cut already..

Here is the Wizards Summer League roster:https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-announce-2018-summer-league-roster

Doral is on it; Moore is #24. That said, there 15 players on the roster, but other than their 1st round pick, Troy Brown, and Thomas Bryant, don't think that anyone on the roster is expected to make the team, including former HS phenom and KY Wildcat Aaron Harrison. I remember when Aaron Harrison was a big deal, amazing how quickly so many highly regarded prospects (Harrison was a top 5 player in the class of 2013) are kicked to the curb. In another era, Harrison would be coming off his rookie year in the NBA.

Oh, I see that you're dumb too. I don't give two shits how they live their life - I just want what is best for them. I don't care how you try to portray it, it is sad that they can't see the long-term picture. I know they are young and lack perspective, but someone in their life should help them with that.

I love that Scooter just Full House Danny Tannered the shit out of Cigs.

Here is the Wizards Summer League roster:https://www.nba.com/wizards/wizards-announce-2018-summer-league-roster

Doral is on it; Moore is #24. That said, there 15 players on the roster, but other than their 1st round pick, Troy Brown, and Thomas Bryant, don't think that anyone on the roster is expected to make the team, including former HS phenom and KY Wildcat Aaron Harrison. I remember when Aaron Harrison was a big deal, amazing how quickly so many highly regarded prospects (Harrison was a top 5 player in the class of 2013) are kicked to the curb. In another era, Harrison would be coming off his rookie year in the NBA.

Thomas Bryant was a 5-star top 15 recruit as well I think

Thomas Bryant was a 5-star top 15 recruit as well I think

Yep, but unlike Harrison (and Moore), the Wizards have offered Bryant a contact for the upcoming season.

well that's what scooter and the rest of the folks shitting on moore and crawford mean. they want what's best for wake's basketball team. they could give zero shits about whether moore or crawford get a degree.

well that's what scooter and the rest of the folks shitting on moore and crawford mean. they want what's best for wake's basketball team. they could give zero shits about whether moore or crawford get a degree.

and they have convinced themselves that their personal interest in their alma mater's sports team is more important than the interests of the student athletes who they claim to support

it's gross.

It's not gross to say why their decisions were bad for the players themselves.

You can guess what I'm thinking all you want but you have no idea. You don't know me. You and others here think you can pigeon-hole me and others like me as "OWGs" and guess our motivations. If you knew me you would realize you weren't being fair.

I have kids the same age as these players. I know that if my kid was in their exact position I would have advised them to stay in school another year and get their degree while continuing to work on their game. IMO that would improve their chances at success on the court as well as long-term success off the court. That is all I have said - I think they made bad choices but I understand why they made them. Young people make lots of bad choices - myself included.

I would not portray what I have said as "shitting on" them.

You can guess what I'm thinking all you want but you have no idea. You don't know me. You and others here think you can pigeon-hole me and others like me as "OWGs" and guess our motivations. If you knew me you would realize you weren't being fair.

I have kids the same age as these players. I know that if my kid was in their exact position I would have advised them to stay in school another year and get their degree while continuing to work on their game. IMO that would improve their chances at success on the court as well as long-term success off the court. That is all I have said - I think they made bad choices but I understand why they made them. Young people make lots of bad choices - myself included.

how do you know that moore and crawford are in the exact same position as your kids therefore the advice you would give them is also exactly the same as you would give your kids?

how do you know that moore and crawford are in the exact same position as your kids therefore the advice you would give them is also exactly the same as you would give your kids?

Obviously I don't know every detail about their situation. There could be something about their life or situation that would make me give different advice. All I can do is judge by what I know, see, and read.

That would be shitty advice.

That would be shitty advice.

Why? Take away my bias that, of course, I want our team to be the best it can be and losing Crawford and Moore hurts. No projection put them anywhere close to being drafted so, if they were leaving school early, they should have all but had a guarantee from a European team for a contract. As much as that is possible anyway. Maybe they do and are going through the NBA process to its completion first.

But it’s not bad advice for them to stay in school, secure a degree that will improve their quality of life if they are unable to earn a living through basketball and possibly have a senior season that could sneak them into a draft position.
You may disagree with the advice but there’s a sound rationale behind it.

Back