• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore joining Washington Wizards summer league team

oh-for-fucks-sake.jpg

So.... no point, then?

I didn’t see anything wrong with Wrangor’s post. I check this thread to hear how they’re doing. Apparently, it is not going well. Leaving early looks like a bad idea.

Agreed. Everyone is self righteously hating on Wrangor for posting opinions that are adequately valid.

Agreed. Everyone is self righteously hating on Wrangor for posting opinions that are adequately valid.

Probably because Wrangor self-righteously hates on us for posting our valid opinions that Moore and Crawford were leaving.

If Doral and Crawford were true competitors with a lot pride then they would’ve come back and made a run, improved their draft stock and graduated with a WF degree. Instead they made a poor decision....Even though they knew they had no chance of being drafted.

Having said that, I wish them the best. They seem like good people, despite my opinion of them as basketball players.

If Doral and Crawford were true competitors with a lot pride then they would’ve come back and made a run, improved their draft stock and graduated with a WF degree. Instead they made a poor decision....Even though they knew they had no chance of being drafted.

Having said that, I wish them the best. They seem like good people, despite my opinion of them as basketball players.

Just updating the thread for last nights games. Another consistent effort from our two early entrants:

Moore: 2:06 minutes / 1 rebound

Crawford: 8:53 minutes / 2 points (1-4 shooting)

I am sure both have six figure contracts overseas heading their way after this grand showing in summer league.

fef024ab41edc13cdd8115e007bd6247.gif

You see Wragor's post is missing the little bit of good will that you include at the end of yours. Instead he wraps up with a sarcastic jab at the players', kids' really, contract prospects in Europe, that comes off, to me, at least, as being a dick toward a couple of kids that probably got some bad advice and made a probably bad decision. He has since clarified that this sarcasm was directed at other posters, not at the kids, even though his first response to being called out on it was that the players don't read the boards so it doesn't matter.

Probably because Wrangor self-righteously hates on us for posting our valid opinions that Moore and Crawford were leaving.

I never thought they would leave. They did. I admitted I was completely wrong. Not sure what else you are looking for. Clearly I was wrong.

It’s okay to be sure of something, be wrong, and be humble enough to admit you airballed an opinion.

Somehow missed this article in the NS Journal. Was looking today to see if BC or Moore had signed with anyone overseas. Couldn't find any news on them, but ran across this. Looks pretty clear that Manning and the staff advised them stick, but the players felt otherwise (as opposed to the coaching staff giving their blessing). Not that we didn't already know it, but Manning is pretty explicit in the article that he advised the players that they were making a big mistake. You rarely see a coach being quite so forward with that information. Not saying that is good or bad, just somewhat rare.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2018/06/manning-not-surprised-wake-players-went-undrafted/

Last edited:
Somehow missed this article in the Journal. Was looking today to see if BC or Moore had signed with anyone overseas. Couldn't find any news on them, but ran across this. Looks pretty clear that Manning and the staff advised them stick, but the players felt otherwise (as opposed to the coaching staff giving their blessing). Not that we didn't already know it, but Manning is pretty explicit in the article that he advised the players that they were making a big mistake. You rarely see a coach being quite so forward with that information. Not saying that is good or bad, just somewhat rare.

https://nsjonline.com/article/2018/06/manning-not-surprised-wake-players-went-undrafted/

They both could have asked Rj for his valued professional opinion about their chances at professional basketball.

They both could have asked Rj for his valued professional opinion about their chances at professional basketball.

Yea, like RJ would have dispensed that kind of valuable knowledge for free.

They could have seen my posts and known not to leave.

Of course, Reff's great knowledge kept him calling girls, HS JV for a quarter of a century.

Thanks for posting that article.

In no way surprising, but I hadn’t seen it.

I agree 100% with everything Manning said.

FWIW, there have been a lot of former Deacs on campus working with Ryan Horn and the current team. Doesn’t seem like Manning is fostering some sort of toxic situation.

Dinos, for example, has been back on campus for a while. I hardly think Manning ran him off or Dinos felt like he needed to escape.

Different situations for him vs. Crawford & Moore.

FWIW, there have been a lot of former Deacs on campus working with Ryan Horn and the current team. Doesn’t seem like Manning is fostering some sort of toxic situation.

Dinos, for example, has been back on campus for a while. I hardly think Manning ran him off or Dinos felt like he needed to escape.

Different situations for him vs. Crawford & Moore.

Ish was back today.

There were lots of people, including PhDeac, who argued things like, you couldn't say it was a bad decision because getting paid seemed like a better plan than playing for Manning/in a bad system/on a bad team.

It was a horrible decision. Even assuming for the sake of argument they disliked Manning, they still made a bad decision for their own career and life. That's objective. The article on the Wake TBT team had quotes from a bunch of former players returning to campus and working out in the facilities saying they didn't know how good they had it because playing internationally, you don't have facilities like this. Going pro early for the NBA makes sense because of the millions involved. Going pro early for the chance of maybe making $100k in Turkey, ehhhhh.

This part is reading the tea leaves, I'm pretty sure Doral liked Manning but thought he could go early. I have a feeling the staff had soured on Crawford and vice-versa. And I get the sense that Crawford wasn't putting the work in that was requested of him (and of all players).

Because it is so easy to get a $100k+ job right out of college, especially when you don't graduate.

Utter tripe you typed, just inane old man drivel.

THEY WEREN'T GOING TO BE DRAFTED NEXT YEAR EITHER

This is the important part people seem to be missing.

So they get to earn a decent wage a year earlier playing ball overseas. Good for them.

People need to stop being so butthurt about how it impacted Wake Forest basketball. It's not like the powers that be give a damn about the program's success, so why would the players?

Why even play college ball at all if you're not going to get drafted

Why even play college ball at all if you're not going to get drafted

Because Europe (or any pro league) isn’t an option for a high schooler ranked as low as Moore or Crawford. When they were 18 college was their best option from both a developmental standpoint and a value standpoint. Each additional year in college has diminishing returns.

Back