• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Future Wake AD?

On a somewhat related note, WF alum, former Deacon Club intern, Assistant WF AD, K State AD and fired Tennessee AD (who took the fall for idiot boosters and delusional fanbase) was one of three finalists for the Maryland AD job. On Monday, MD hired its associate AD (and former UGA football player and UGA associate AD) Damon Evans for the job.

Currie was a star at WF, was AD of the year at K State in 2013, and got the shaft at TN. He is only 47, and would/think hope he would be on the short list when RW finally gives up the ship.

Damon Evans, holy shit.

I ran into Michael at a party the night before the National Championship in Atlanta game back in January. I should have warned him about PhDeac.

Some thought Evans might not get the MD job because in 2010, as the associate UGA AD he not only was nailed for a DUI (which he tried to get out of by first crying and then, pulling the "I am the UGA AD" card), but police found him with a female passenger (not his wife) and a pair of red panties in Evans lap. At least, they were UGA colors.

https://deadspin.com/5578674/georgia-ad-had-red-panties-between-his-legs

Last edited:
Looks like a good hire. Tom Jurich was thought to be the leading candidate.

Michael Kelly also worked at Wake Forest in the 1990's. If I remember correctly, he was the head of game operations.

Last edited:
The Tampa Bay Times said Jurich the day before the announcement.

I have long hoped that John would be our next AD and feared he would no leave UT for Wake. Problem solved.

Wellman relaxing by the pool at the 2035 National Association of Athletic Directors' Annual Meeting

Weekend-at-Bernies-Bernie.jpg

1. John Currie
2. Michael Kelly
3. Michael Buddie

So those three would be likely candidates if Wellman retires anytime soon. Any other obvious candidates out there?

Back