• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Bball OOC Announced

Remember when the best argument that was left for showing patience and giving Manning Y5 was that he deserved a sink or swim year with his own players? Remember the absolute confidence among his biggest supporters that he would definitely be let go after Y5 if he couldn't get us to the tournament? I remember.

Meanwhile, unless things change over the next few announcements, it doesn't appear we are scheduling with any expectation from Wellman or Manning of being competitive enough to make the tournament. So this is what a lost decade feels like? I never thought I'd have this much sympathy for NC State basketball fans.

No way Wellman will be able to hide behind an overall record if we finish with two or three conference wins. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

Hey I'm not lowering the expectations for Manning. It's tournament or bust - this is year four. Time to saddle up and ride boys.

So it's bust then.

maxresdefault.jpg

No way Wellman will be able to hide behind an overall record if we finish with two or three conference wins. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

Wellman has hidden behind whispered allegations that Dino was banging coeds, made up "culture" issues, Larue, Childress...what's one more thing to hide behind?

Weird addition to a cupcake schedule. I assume some posters will be in attendance.

Charlotte at home has been added, by the way.

WF basketball twitter.

WF is playing at TN and Davidson. Both are legit.

WF basketball twitter.

WF is playing at TN and Davidson. Both are legit.

End of season KP ratings for announced schedule (there are 351 D-1 teams; last year WF finished #89):

- NC A&T #306
- Houston Baptist #333
- Western Carolina #302
- Richmond # 181
- Charlotte #308
- Davidson # 43 (pretty sad that "WF Light" is better than the original)
- Tennessee # 13

Last year, Charlotte was WF only opponent rated #300 or below. WF had contracts requiring that it complete home and home with Tennessee and Davidson, and WF has always played Richmond.

Back