• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Bball OOC Announced

WF basketball twitter.

WF is playing at TN and Davidson. Both are legit.

Yes those are not easy games.

This is a weird schedule. I realize some games were already set from past agreements, but it's still odd. You generally want to play a handful of teams ranked between 100-200, a road game against a top 125 opponent, and a couple home games against top 100 competition in addition to whoever you draw in the tournament you play in.

Our current schedule is basically the opposite of this (all ranks from the end of last year, obviously teams will be better/worse):

Four home games against teams outside the top 300 (these are absolutely awful for RPI/SOS)
Road game against a team ranked 181
Home game against a top 50 team
Road game against a top 15 team

List so far with last year's KP:
Belmont Abbey Div II
NC A&T 306
Houston Baptist 333
Western Carolina 302
@Richmond 181
Charlotte 308
Davidson 43
@Tennessee 13

So, besides Davidson and Tennessee (contractual completion of H&H), it's all cupcakes so far with 2 more annoucements to come. 11th straight year we've played Richmond.

As for the MBI, lots of teams in the 100-200 range. Is WV expected to be good again? If so, it's their tournament to lose. At least we should be seeded relatively well.

Team in MBI:
Cal State Fullerton 162
Saint Joseph’s 116
UCF 111
Valparaiso 140
West Virginia 12
Western Kentucky 47
Monmouth 183
Wake Forest 89

Ha. I started working on it and then took a call and Pilch and #'s both posted in the mean time.

Beginning of the sked is beyond "creampuff city" but interesting to see a few good roadies (Richmond never easy, @ Rocky Top and west coast travel etc.) to test their early season mettle and chemistry. But man, 4 teams over #300 in kenpom...woof! Maybe Wellman is setting Smokin' up for extinguishing. They best not stumble and fail to get to 8-10 wins in the pre-season sked.

Last edited:
someone posted we are playing UCI. I don't see that on the list.

Belmont Abbey Div II
NC A&T 306
Houston Baptist 333
Western Carolina 302
@Richmond 181
Charlotte 308
Davidson 43
@Tennessee 13

So, besides Davidson and Tennessee (contractual completion of H&H), it's all cupcakes so far with 2 more annoucements to come. 11th straight year we've played Richmond.

As for the MBI, lots of teams in the 100-200 range. Is WV expected to be good again? If so, it's their tournament to lose. At least we should be seeded relatively well.

Team in MBI:
Cal State Fullerton 162
Saint Joseph’s 116
UCF 111
Valparaiso 140
West Virginia 12
Western Kentucky 47
Monmouth 183
Wake Forest 89

I remember thinking it would be hard for Wake not to win the Paradise Jam last season when it was announced. Then we ran into a very tough Drake team.

Your good friend Sokolove did. What do you think that means?

I don't see what Sokolove posts. All I was was someone saying we will be playing UCI. As you can see, several others didn't get it either.

With this great schedule, there will be a big demand for season tickets this year at the Joel. Casstevens will have to come up with some good fantasy numbers.

Beginning of the sked is beyond "creampuff city" but interesting to see a few good roadies (Richmond never easy

Don't confuse the fact that [Redacted] lost to them 3 times and Manning once for this year's Richmond game being a tough one. We are 6/10 over the last 10 years, but they are still an awful team. We may lose, but that says more about us than it does about Richmond.

I think even he who shall not be named could win the majority of games on this schedule.

Updated with the powerhouse of Gardner Webb

Belmont Abbey Div II
NC A&T 306
Houston Baptist 333
Western Carolina 302
@Richmond 181
Charlotte 308
Davidson 43
@Tennessee 13
Gardner Webb 261

Team in MBI:
Cal State Fullerton 162
Saint Joseph’s 116
UCF 111
Valparaiso 140
West Virginia 12
Western Kentucky 47
Monmouth 183
Wake Forest 89

What never ceases to amaze me is how other posters log or take note of what I post. In some ways, I guess it could be considered a way of saying my posts are that important. The more likely answer that's it's really creepy that grown men are so obsessed with every morsel I type

Ayo so desperately wants to be paid attention to and to have at least something resembling a vaguely interesting life before he dies that following me around must makes his days livable.

Reactions: Ayo
Lol, they're not even trying to hide what they're doing.

Absolute shit teams at home, a game we have no chance at on the road, and two games (Davidson/Richmond) that could be competitive. There's ZERO expectation of making the tournament this year based on this schedule.

Back