• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Bball OOC Announced

In the history of Wake football, we have never played Clemson and ND at home in the same season. We are doing that this year, and both are predicted to have top 10 teams. This can’t be that hard to follow.

Yeah, gotta go with Rafi here. Very simple concept

Rafi, why are you being obtuse?

Which home football games make the schedule more great than usual? Is it the conference opponents, 3 of whom that we play at home every other year or the big time non-conference opponent?

Last edited:
I’m kind of bummed that @UCI was a joke. A missed opportunity for the three amigos...

Rafi, why are you being obtuse?

Which home football games make the schedule more great than usual? Is it the conference opponents, 3 of whom that we play at home every other year or the big time non-conference opponent?
Some PhDensity here

I’m make the case that non-con opponents are important.

Rafi claims they aren’t.

Rafi says he’s excited about the football schedule partly because of the big time non-con opponent, something the basketball schedule lacks.

I point that out.

Posters claim I’m dense.

there are some great home FB games and some fairly uninteresting ones. At least we whould have a competitive team, unlike bball the past decade (save one year)

why shouldn't a season ticket holder be livid? ronnie is trying to manufacture wins against historically shitty schools to trick his "base" into thinking all is well. It's not. Not only does it tip most of us off that they have little confidence in the team but it does not help them get into the tourney.

I'd say that livid is understandable to everyone but a wellman stooge.

My wife's comment reading the sports section this morning - "wow this is a rousing nonconfernce ball schedule." (Sarcasm)

Every time something new with basketball comes up I think how the hell do people still support this shit, then I remember I continuously overestimate people. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills, year 10 and this is where we are at, feel the excitement!!

why shouldn't a season ticket holder be livid? ronnie is trying to manufacture wins against historically shitty schools to trick his "base" into thinking all is well. It's not. Not only does it tip most of us off that they have little confidence in the team but it does not help them get into the tourney.

I'd say that livid is understandable to everyone but a wellman stooge.

This

I’m a season ticket holder and excited to watch Wake play. Do you really think this home OOC schedule is very different from any other Wake schedule the past 15 years? You think our home schedule is something that would make season ticket holders “livid?” C’mon.

It’s pretty bad man. The OOC is trash at home.

But yeah football is a different animal.

I don’t understand the scheduling concept at all. I guess it signals Danny gets year six no matter what. I understand the concept of getting easy wins but beating most of these teams means nothing and docks the RPI.

It’s pretty bad man. The OOC is trash at home.

The better OOC games are on the road or neutral site, but when attending games I don’t think it matters if we are playing Jacksonville State (kenpom of 150) or Houston Baptist (kenpom of 300). Kenpom matters for building a tournament resume, but we will be playing some good kenpom OOC teams, they’ll just be on the road or neutral.

From a season ticket standpoint, which is what I responded to, we’ll have a strong home schedule with UNC, Louisville, Cuse, plus Duke, State, etc

I’d argue playing more competitive teams makes a bit of a difference in attendance but I do agree your average consumer probably doesn’t distinguish between 150 KP and 300 KP even though it makes a big difference in tournament resume.

Rafi is part of the problem.

Playing some cupcakes has always been the norm. 100. 150. 300 plus? No. You and enablers like you are contributing to TEN YEARS of basketball irrelevance in Wake's, formerly flagship, program.

The sooner the enablers admit their complicity the sooner we can call ronnie, hatch, and the bot to account.

Off the top of my head there have only a couple seasons with a handful of 300+ games. One of Bzzzzzzzzz last couple years is one.

Buddy of mine said today that he’s never seen a schedule that would look better if you took out one non-directional word from some of the opponents. Take the words Abbey and Baptist out of the schedule and it improves significantly.

Back