Thread: Sports Marketing

Sports Marketing

I know its a big complaint here on the boards. I was browsing and noticed we only have three people dedicated to sports marketing. Is that true? If so, no wonder we are so far behind compared to other Power 5 schools.

each of them can dedicate their entire year to one of our conference basketball wins

Why market your sports programs to fans when you can just sidle up to the blue hairs and rake in the $$? I wonder how big the development/advancement staff is for athletics.

When there's not a lot of sports to market, I guess you don't need a lot of sports marketers.

IMG does the lions share of it I believe.

There are more than 3 people involved, but it is not much more. They also use a lot of interns to help with manpower but yeah the staff doesn't have much to work with when it comes to the basketball team.

I'll help them

"Wake Forest: We May Not Win, But We Have Our Principles"

"Wake Forest: The Principled ACC Participant"

Settling for Shaka
    Wake Forest: We'll Sock it to ya.

Adding obnoxious, laughable marketing to this dumpster fire would probably make it more pathetic.

Staying "small time" helps ronnie and the cronies avoid accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    IMG does the lions share of it I believe.
    I hope this is the case. It would seem we should overreach on marketing given our smaller, even though enthusiastic, local alumni base.

Playing App State in football is a tough game on the field but is one of the very best in-market interest-builders out there.

Marketing should help build our core constituency first, then a more regional or national approach. The local buzz surrounding a football game with App State creates much more in-market interest than a game v. Duke and is more akin to the NC State rivalry.
    Last edited by Diggitydeac; 07-05-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Poster of the Year 2013 -
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggitydeac View Post
    I hope this is the case. It would seem we should overreach on marketing given our smaller, even though enthusiastic, local alumni base.

Playing App State in football is a tough game on the field but is one of the very best interest-builders out there.
    No it's not.