• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP Rep. Jim Jordan accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse as Ohio State coach

Fifth Ohio State wrestler claims Jordan ignored sexual abuse

Former UFC heavyweight champion Mark Coleman has became the fifth former Ohio State University wrestler to claim publicly that Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) knew about allegations of sexual misconduct by a team doctor when he was an assistant coach in the 1990s.

Coleman, who roomed with Jordan during team trips and says he considers the lawmaker a friend, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal that unless Jordan has "dementia," he knew about the allegations surrounding Dr. Richard Strauss.

“There’s no way unless he’s got dementia or something that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State,” Coleman said. “I have nothing but respect for this man, I love this man, but he knew as far as I’m concerned.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...e-wrestler-claims-jordan-ignored-sexual-abuse

Conversations in the locker room about a doctor molesting college students?

Jim Jordan is the worst.

Since Ryan announced his retirement, there have been a number of articles speculating that Jordan may be a player for the Speaker position, should the GOP retain its majority. A former wrestling coach turned right-wing, traditional family values GOP Midwestern Congressman is accused of sordid misdeeds involving sexual abuse while he was a wrestling coach. Surely the GOP wouldn't make such a hypocrite Speaker of the House, right? Oh, wait a minute...

Conversations in the locker room about a doctor molesting college students?

Jim Jordan is the worst.

The "locker room talk" defense has worked once before.

EDIT: Also, I'm old enough to remember when this would be the biggest scandal in the news for a week.

Last edited:
It was not nice knowing you Jim.

You've displayed an inexcusable lack of integrity during your time in the House and now we know you never had any to begin with.

Let's investigate what happened but be prepared to resign.

Jordan was a little older than the wrestlers. $5 says another Pub is going to say Jordan was too young to know better.

Yeah. 20 years ago it was totally cool for old guys to jack off while watching college wrestlers in the sauna.

Last edited:
I’m betting he was into it

I have a hunch when the full, true story of Mr. Jordan is written someday, it will be shown that he was hardly the upright, "traditional family values" guy he plays in politics. Even if he just knew and covered up what was happening, it still takes a pretty amoral, sick person to do that. And, he may well be far more involved than just ignoring/covering up the warnings he was getting from various people.

I have a hunch when the full, true story of Mr. Jordan is written someday, it will be shown that he was hardly the upright, "traditional family values" guy he plays in politics. Even if he just knew and covered up what was happening, it still takes a pretty amoral, sick person to do that. And, he may well be far more involved than just ignoring/covering up the warnings he was getting from various people.

Hell, he's not even the "I hate the gays" guy he plays in politics.

Back