• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP Rep. Jim Jordan accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse as Ohio State coach

Yeah. 20 years ago it was totally cool for old guys to jack off while watching college wrestlers in the sauna.

I remember the good old days in 1998 when I was a junior at Wake and we had to let college professors into our frat house showers so they could "flog the dolphin" as we used to say way back when. Kids today are so soft.

This is disgusting. Student athletes have to believe that their coaches have their best interest at heart, and to to have that trust eroded by adults who do nothing, is terrible. Jordan is akin to Paterno or the Michigan State Athletic department, but for some reason this story isn't getting the traction of others. Is it because these were college age men, and not children or girls? In any case, this is a terrible story, and I feel for the athletes.

This is disgusting. Student athletes have to believe that their coaches have their best interest at heart, and to to have that trust eroded by adults who do nothing, is terrible. Jordan is akin to Paterno or the Michigan State Athletic department, but for some reason this story isn't getting the traction of others. Is it because these were college age men, and not children or girls? In any case, this is a terrible story, and I feel for the athletes.

It is because he’s a powerful Republican in an election year. Is ESPN covering this at all?

100% this

I remember the good old days in 1998 when I was a junior at Wake and we had to let college professors into our frat house showers so they could "flog the dolphin" as we used to say way back when. Kids today are so soft.

Does Jordan think that was when America was great.

Lol. Apparently, Jordan has never heard of investigative journalism, which involves, you know, investigation and interviews. I'd love to see Mike Wallace from the old 60 Minutes show up at his office with a camera crew, like they used to do back in the 70s and 80s. He'd wet his pants. Unfortunately, Wallace is long gone, but investigative journalism lives on. I guess Jordan would be much happier with Russian or Chinese journalism, where people in power are off limits to investigations by the "news media", as long as they're in the ruling party. It sounds as if it's Jordan who's getting desperate, not CNN.

So the deep state is now the excuse for any scandal?

180801-osu-text-russ-dunyasha-yetts-comp-ew-353p_e16c18802a88fc6be279c424662bcf47.fit-760w.jpg

Back