• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP Rep. Jim Jordan accused of turning blind eye to sexual abuse as Ohio State coach

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
Rep. Jim Jordan, the powerful Republican congressman from Ohio, is being accused by former wrestlers he coached more than two decades ago at Ohio State University of failing to stop the team doctor from molesting them and other students.

The university announced in April that it was investigating accusations that Dr. Richard Strauss, who died in 2005, abused team members when he was the team doctor from the mid-1970s to late 1990s.

Jordan, who was assistant wrestling coach at the university from 1986 to 1994, has repeatedly said he knew nothing of the abuse until former students began speaking out this spring. His denials, however, have been met with skepticism and anger from some former members of the wrestling team.

Three former wrestlers told NBC News that it was common knowledge that Strauss showered regularly with the students and inappropriately touched them during appointments, and said it would have been impossible for Jordan to be unaware; one wrestler said he told Jordan directly about the abuse.

Former head coach Russ Hellickson, Jordan's mentor, said in a recent video — made by Mike DiSabato, a former wrestler — that Hellickson had told Strauss that he was being too "hands on” with students.

DiSabato, whose allegations against Strauss prompted Ohio State to open its investigation, called Jordan a “liar.”

“I considered Jim Jordan a friend,” DiSabato said. “But at the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.”

DiSabato said he reached out to Jordan this year, before going to the university, to tell Jordan that he planned to go public with his allegations. Jordan told him to “please leave me out of it,” DiSabato said. “He asked me not to get him involved.”

"At the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on.”
Dunyasha Yetts, who wrestled at Ohio State in 1993 and 1994, said he and others told Jordan about Strauss.

“I remember I had a thumb injury and went into Strauss’ office and he started pulling down my wrestling shorts,” he said. “I’m like, what the f--- are you doing? And I went out and told Russ and Jim what happened. I was not having it. They went in and talked to Strauss.”

Full story: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...rdan-accused-turning-blind-eye-sexual-n888386

Jim Jordan has a strong anti-gay voting record. Looks like he doesn't have a problem with powerful men molesting male college athletes though.

This should qualify Jordan to be Trump's next Supreme Court nominee.

This is the first I've heard of this Ohio State scandal but man if you remove the names and school, I would swear up and down this article was about Jerry Sandusky.

For the record, in November, Jordan is set to face the same woman he defeated 68-32 in 2016 and 2014.

I'm guessing there's no way he resigns and Republicans will stand with him.

That's given they even know. It's not even mentioned on the Fox News website.
http://www.foxnews.com/

Last edited:
This is the first I've heard of this Ohio State scandal but man if you remove the names and school, I would swear up and down this article was about Jerry Sandusky.

Sandusky was the criminal. Jordan was an accomplice after the fact. His obstruction of justice in these cases is probably why he is covering for Trump's illegal actions.

For the record, in November, Jordan is set to face the same woman he defeated 68-32 in 2016 and 2014.

Look at this gerrymandered nonsense:

lossless-page1-1280px-Ohio_US_Congressional_District_4_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

That little peninsula on the far right was drawn to include a prison in his district, adding a bunch of people that can't vote to the population:

jim-jordan-grafton-prison.png

Link

In a pre-Trump world, it would have at least ended his campaign to be Speaker of the House.

Dailey corroborated the account of one of those wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, who told NBC News that Yetts had protested to Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson after Strauss tried to pull down his wrestling shorts when Yetts went to see him for a thumb injury.

"Dunyasha comes back and tells Jimmy, ‘Seriously, why do I have to pull down my pants for a thumb injury?’" Dailey recalled. "Jimmy said something to the extent of, ‘If he tried that with me, I would kill him.'"

——

Guy is a Republican and supporter of Jordan. Good luck presenting this as a left wing conspiracy.

Dailey corroborated the account of one of those wrestlers, Dunyasha Yetts, who told NBC News that Yetts had protested to Jordan and head coach Russ Hellickson after Strauss tried to pull down his wrestling shorts when Yetts went to see him for a thumb injury.

"Dunyasha comes back and tells Jimmy, ‘Seriously, why do I have to pull down my pants for a thumb injury?’" Dailey recalled. "Jimmy said something to the extent of, ‘If he tried that with me, I would kill him.'"

——

Guy is a Republican and supporter of Jordan. Good luck presenting this as a left wing conspiracy.

Lol. Mueller is a bleeding heart these days

Back