• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Central & South America: Trump Wanted to Conduct a Missile Strike on Mexico

So you don't think any of the "shenanigans" are due at all to US policy? lol

So you don't think any of the "shenanigans" are due at all to US policy? lol

Did the US force Maduro to neuter the Venezuelan parliament? Did the US force Maduro to kill protestors? Did the US force Chavez and Maduro to rely solely on oil as a means to build a healthy economy?

I’m confused. MHB is against US intervention. NED disagrees vehemently with MHB yet is also against US intervention.

I don't anyone here who is for US intervention no matter how many times MHB lies and says we are.

I take umbrage with MHB’s flurry of posts defending the Venezuelan government and shitposting the opposition. The opposition was there well before Trump was elected and well before the US decided to support Guaido.

I’m okay with the Trump administration recognizing the opposition government and offering soft diplomatic support (like the EU, Canada and most other democracies around the world). But I do not support the Trump administration intervening militarily...mostly out of fear that they would fuck it up. We also don’t have a great track record with unilaterally intervening in foreign countries’ affairs.

Now if Trump is out of office and there’s a US/EU/Australia/LATAM alliance with Latin American countries leading military intervention...then i would be more likely to consider it.

So you support the recognition of someone as head of government who wasn’t democratically elected. Got it.

Radical centrists support imperialism, they just pretend to not support imperialism when it’s conveniently under the never trump guise.

Radical centrists support imperialism, they just pretend to not support imperialism when it’s conveniently under the never trump guise.

I bet you tell all of the hipsters at the coffee shop that!!

So you support the recognition of someone as head of government who wasn’t democratically elected. Got it.

When that person is opposing someone who has stayed in power through undemocratic means while overseeing a complete economic and and political collapse...yes.

Maduro was democratically elected, still has support within Venezuela, and US sanctions and economic policy have played a large role in the conditions of Venezuela. We literally are orchestrating a fucking coup. You are the one fucking kidding yourself if you think we give a fuck about democracy in VZ. I support Venezuelas sovereignty and am against any intervention from the US. Don't conflate that with support of Maduro.

So you support VZ's sovereignty unconditionally? That is idiotic. Even when the people are starving? Where do you draw the line? 2001 Afganistan used their sovereignty to harbor terrorists. 1962 Cuba used its sovereignty to put nukes in our backyard. Again, Syria is a prime example of what non intervention leads to.

Where do you think starving people from VZ try go? Here, and we are already housing asylum seeker under interstates.

Even with this shitbag administration, intervention by the US in this case will be a better outcome than either letting the situation continue to devolve into a mass refugee crisis, or worse, have Russia 'fix' the situation in exchange for Maduro becoming their permanent puppet.

What kind of intervention do you want?

For starters, direct a battle group containing Zumwalt Class Guided Missile Destroyers and a Wasp Class Amphibious Assault Ship loaded with marines and VTOL F-35B Lightning IIs to park off the coast of Caracas, just slightly north of the international waters line.

Announce they are there to provide humanitarian aid and monitor human rights violations.

MHB must support Kim Jung Un's democratic electoral victory and starving his people like he supports Maduro's barbarism.

MHB must support Kim Jung Un's democratic electoral victory and starving his people like he supports Maduro's barbarism.

RJ reaction: WHY DO YOU LIE ABOUT SOMETHING I NEVER SAID!?!?!?!

STFU Boomer

You are sooooooooooooooooo easy to play...It's almost embarrassing.

The reality is you have no core values. You can't support standing up for human rights without denouncing Maduro who is only in power because of stealing from the people and persecuting millions of innocent Venezuelan men, women and children.

Back