• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Central & South America: Trump Wanted to Conduct a Missile Strike on Mexico

U.S. diplomats hunker down in Venezuela amid standoff with Maduro

Maduro said that Russian President Vladimir Putin had “assured me of support for Venezuela, more wheat, more investment in the oil sector, more investment in gas, more investment in telecommunications and more investment in military investments.” On Friday, Reuters reported that roughly 400 Kremlin-linked forces were in Venezuela to aid in Maduro’s protection.

Bill Brownfield, a former U.S. ambassador to Venezuela and senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, suggested three main options for Maduro on Saturday.

Least likely, he said, was to order the military to force its way into the U.S. Embassy, provoking a direct confrontation with Washington. Slightly more probable, he said, is to quietly encourage pro-government supporters to do the work for him.

Maduro “withdraws all security . . . they come over the gates. What they probably would do is to destroy, or at least to strip, every one of the outer buildings,” he said. “I doubt a mob could get into the building itself.”

Most likely, though, is that Maduro “settles down for a siege” of the compound and doesn’t allow anyone in or out “until they are ready to go home.”

A memo from the U.S. Embassy in Caracas obtained by The Washington Post warned that the “political and security situations are unpredictable and constantly changing” for the 124 Americans, including 46 family members, under its authority as of Thursday night. The memo also noted an estimated 47,500 U.S. citizens — the majority of whom are dual-nationals — are in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b8541bbbe20_story.html?utm_term=.9481706d6d17

So we are openly aiding a coup now.

I am no expert in Latin American foreign affairs but I don’t think you can call this a coup.

Thread shared by a Venezuelan friend of mine:

I’d prefer sources rather than analogies. He at least got one thing wrong. There were election observers that said the elections were fair.

I don’t think anything in his analogy contests the argument that it’s still a coup.

I am no expert in Latin American foreign affairs but I don’t think you can call this a coup.

Thread shared by a Venezuelan friend of mine:

That reads like a Republican fanfic to get rid of the Democrats and form a God-ordained Constitutional government. They just shutdown the government because Democrats won the House. Imagine what they’ll do if Democrats win the White House.

So we are openly aiding a coup now.

No.We are hearing the voices of Venezuelans who are living with a dictator. The President did what the US does..what all of you complain about.The President took the lead on what is clearly a humanitarian crisis.

That reads like a Republican fanfic to get rid of the Democrats and form a God-ordained Constitutional government. They just shutdown the government because Democrats won the House. Imagine what they’ll do if Democrats win the White House.

Oh my..look now at who is back in bed with the Vlad and the Russians. Just like old times :)

NED do you still think you can't call this a coup?

No.We are hearing the voices of Venezuelans who are living with a dictator. The President did what the US does..what all of you complain about.The President took the lead on what is clearly a humanitarian crisis.

Why didn’t dear leader, I mean the President, step up and help the people of Nicaragua at any point over the last year, as their dictator violently suppressed civil rights, killed up to 500 people, and incarcerated 3000 more? What’s the difference with this Venezuela situation?

the donkey-Russkie collaboration worked really well in concocting the Steele dossier

Unreal. They actually did collude with the Russians. Hats off to them I guess :)

I mean it is impressive that they hired a foreign British spy to pay Russian insiders to ruin a presidential nomination and then had the stunning audacity to flip the script - Hahahahahaha

We have to admit that after being utterly flabbergasted at our Democrat friends blasé response to our complete shock — a shock that anyone could actually pull off such shenanigans and roll on scot free — we now find ourselves in a bemused awe..

I mean we are on a board that simply has no interest in anything outside their jaded “truths” and mountains of actual evidence be damned.

Just look at FBI fmr lead counsel James Baker’s recent closed door testimony on the relationship of Bruce and Nellie Ohr,Fusion and some guy at the FBI named “Sputnik” (sic) — I mean Nellie is working for Fusion GPS and was assigned to dig up dirt on Trump’s children.

“Meh”.. hahahahahahahaha :)

and they still managed to lose the unlosable election (to a rude orange-looking guy)

and these morons want Americans to entrust them with governing the country

Last edited:
Why didn’t dear leader, I mean the President, step up and help the people of Nicaragua at any point over the last year, as their dictator violently suppressed civil rights, killed up to 500 people, and incarcerated 3000 more? What’s the difference with this Venezuela situation?

I don’t know there,Willie Whatabout..

So you don’t want to talk about Venezuela because deep down you don’t give a krap about actual Venezuela. I understand. The issue is a Loser and needs to get out of the headlines fast. But not so fast for those of us who had to read the regurgitated vominations from the New Yorker,Atl Monthly,NYT etcetera for these last 2 decades. 2 decades of unadulterated ass kissing and lionizing of this 2 headed regime. Meanwhile, others knew that this iteration of Venezuela was an *entirely oil dependent regime (and that was just fine for the Marxist Carbonistas - climate be damned!!). Analysts pointed to the shrinking farm system and government procurement of businesses and land and predicted that any calamity in the oil markets would be the kiss of death for a nation so lax in developing its own economy.

Venezuela is an example of eggs being in one basket.Now,they neither have eggs or a basket to even piss in.

Whatabout-about Obama when he invited 20 African leaders to the White House while each one of them had been charged previously with crimes against humanity?

Back