• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Central & South America: Trump Wanted to Conduct a Missile Strike on Mexico

Yes. Very, Very dumb. Insanely dumb. 9/11 was not 'bullshit', and one of those decades was governed by an member of a democratically elected ethnic minority.

You never answered the question re: the existence of a nation unmarred by human cruelty, injustice and racism. I know it exists in your interior cubelife dreams, but where IRL?

I did not say 9/11 was bullshit. The war on terror was and is bullshit.

1) [insert country] that doesn’t have special forces in 150 other countries
2) [insert country] that provides healthcare to their residents
3) [insert country] that doesnt have the highest incarceration rate in the world
4) [insert country] whose police don’t kill 1000 people a year

Blanking on a fifth.

What’s your ranking?

No, see you have to answer the question. Again we are talking about real life, not the made up snowflake baby bitch care bear my little brony world in your head. Hypotheticals dont cut it.

So I guess what we have to accept here is that there are some people, younger people I am guessing that (dis)honestly believe:

1. That there here isn't evil in the world (except here in the USA),
2. That there are not many, many nations and religious groups and all sorts of entites in between, that would like to watch the world burn, and would carry out that plan in one way or another, if left unchecked, which is currently undertaken by the last 100 or so years of international law.
3. That in order to combat these forces, which would all love to see America burn like it did on 9/11/01, America has to fight back with equal force and tactics, sometimes resulting in the loss of life for the greater good.

I am just at a loss for the person who wakes up in 2019 and acts like they had no idea that the world was built on spilled blood for the last 3000 years.

Last edited:
So we send military presence around Venezuela and then do what?

Wait, just like we sent the carrier to Iran today. I have no problem letting VZ self determination play out. I do think we intervene if it turns out Russia wants to prop up Maduro at the expense of the VZ people (they do).

Who do you think is funding the rumored Cuban troops in VZ. Do you think Cuba has that money laying around? I'll give you a hint: It was the same people funding the sonic attacks against American diplomats in Cuba.

Why would anybody advocate for sitting idly by while the Russians pile operatives and troops into an oil-rich nation in the Western hemisphere ? That is clearly not in our strategic interests.

BTW, I don't care if anyone calls me an imperialist or whatever. You commies are going to have to work a lot harder to get under my skin.

I’m sure Russia is meddling in Venezuela. I don’t think that requires that we do much of anything. We’ve consistently failed at the role of world police for decades when we’ve committed troops to a cause and Im not prepared to make the same investment for what could turn into another decades long war with no real outcome.

Exactly. Obama took a stand, Asad called his bluff and we never committed the resources to definitively solve that problem. Don’t make a threat you can’t/won’t back up. This is one reason why military posturing in the Caribbean Sea off the Venezuelan coast is a bad first step.

And Republicans would have called him a pussy if he didn't "take a stand." Posturing is BS. It's just doing something to say you did something.

Is Alabama part of America's infallibility? Maybe we should just send a bunch of Alabamians down to Venezuela to help run the coup, who cares if they get caught up in the bloodshed.

This is why you should stick to birds.

It's pretty clever to suggest I stick with birds, good one. Can you give me one example from the last 50 years where American military posturing, displays of strength and saber rattling have work out well for us? All I can think of is Grenada, with a total population of about 90k.

How did horny crickets acquire the means to send troops to Venezuela from Cuba?

Among the many links available to debunk the notion of some "sonic attack". https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ence-that-u-s-diplomats-in-cuba-were-attacked

Grief. Did you read that article? The one guy who says crickets is a student and all he did was listen to a recording. The doctors who examined the foreign service personnel reported inner ear damage. Were the cuban crickets in China too? Because diplomats had the same damage there.

I think I'll probably go with the Docs at the UPenn Center for Brain Injury and Repair over you clowns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

The medical team that examined 21 affected diplomats from Cuba made no mention of microwaves in its detailed report published in JAMA in March. But Douglas H. Smith, the study’s lead author and director of the Center for Brain Injury and Repair at the University of Pennsylvania, said in a recent interview that microwaves were now considered a main suspect and that the team was increasingly sure the diplomats had suffered brain injury.

“Everybody was relatively skeptical at first,” he said, “and everyone now agrees there’s something there.”

Last edited:
I’m sure Russia is meddling in Venezuela. I don’t think that requires that we do much of anything. We’ve consistently failed at the role of world police for decades when we’ve committed troops to a cause and Im not prepared to make the same investment for what could turn into another decades long war with no real outcome.

Perfect is the enemy of good.

Grief. Did you read that article? The one guy who says crickets is a student and all he did was listen to a recording. The doctors who examined the foreign service personnel reported inner ear damage. Were the cuban crickets in China too? Because diplomats had the same damage there.

I think I'll probably go with the Docs at the UPenn Center for Brain Injury and Repair over you clowns.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

The medical team that examined 21 affected diplomats from Cuba made no mention of microwaves in its detailed report published in JAMA in March. But Douglas H. Smith, the study’s lead author and director of the Center for Brain Injury and Repair at the University of Pennsylvania, said in a recent interview that microwaves were now considered a main suspect and that the team was increasingly sure the diplomats had suffered brain injury.

“Everybody was relatively skeptical at first,” he said, “and everyone now agrees there’s something there.”

You know how dates work right? You showed something from September when "sonic attack" was suspected.

My link was from March 2019 and if you Google "Cuba sonic attack" well, let's just say you're not going to find anything recent that says it was some coordinated attack. If you do, please post and make sure it's from 2019.

You know how sources and their relative veracity work right?

The only 'new information' in the 2019 article is the UCLA grad student bro who listened to a recording sound and said 'crickets' and then professor from Edinbraugh and one from Havana who disagree with the initial study findings.

And a Harvard guy who says that no one has actually seen the raw data, probably because it is classified. The only doctor who examined the people affected maintains that they were damaged. And none of that explains the same phenomena and injuries against the same tiny subset of people, the American Foreign Service, in China half a world away.

Back