• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wimbledon 2018

Rafa and Fed through to the quarters without having dropped a set. DelPo, still playing and up 1-0, has yet to drop a set. I don't think Isner -- my least favorite game on tour -- has been broken yet.

Djokovic is also looking tough. The quarterfinals are going to be loaded.

None of the top-10 seeded women made it to the Quarters. Wonder when the last time that happened, if ever.

http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/24049650/roger-federer-not-concerned-start-world-cup-game

Fed’s response on Wimbledon final overlapping with World Cup final on Sunday:

"I'm more concerned the World Cup final will have issues because the Wimbledon final is going on," Federer joked with the media Monday after he advanced to the quarterfinals at the London Grand Slam for the 16th time in his career.

"They'll hear every point, Wow, love-15, 15-30. The players are going to look up in the crowd and not understand what's going on at Wimbledon.

"That's how important Wimbledon is to me and to us over here. Maybe you should ask the questions over in Russia, how they're going to feel about Wimbledon being played at the same time."

Federer is on serve in the fifth set. He had won the first two sets.

Federer is out. I hate Nadal and need Djokovic to have his first great match in a couple years.

Nadal has a real shot at winning the last two majors now and catching Federer next year.

Anderson-Isner, Nadal-Djokovic semis. Nadal is likely winning it all, but it would be great to see Isner take it.

Pulling for Isner. He literally played local club tennis in Greensboro. Amazing that he has made it to the top 10 in the world.

Federer is out. I hate Nadal and need Djokovic to have his first great match in a couple years.

Nadal has a real shot at winning the last two majors now and catching Federer next year.

Why?

I have nothing against Isner the dude but he’s my least favorite player to watch.

Without looking it up, I would guess tha DelPo has the lowest career win percentage against Rafa. Impressed he took him so deep.

Pulling for Isner. He literally played local club tennis in Greensboro. Amazing that he has made it to the top 10 in the world.

As I've said on previous tennis threads, Isner was a kid in our neighborhood in Greensboro. Played a fair amount of tennis, but didn't blossom until he was a teenager, and then National champion at UGA. He wasn't very big then either.
If this is a long match on Friday, Isner should win. He's already won the longest match in history.

Back