• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wimbledon 2018

Isner has absolutely no chance of ever breaking Anderson and he actually looks like he's about to die.

Not a grass court expert but i would think that longer grass would make it even harder to return as the ball would barely bounce. I'm not sure they can cut it much lower.

They should at least put some kind of cap on things. Tiebreaker at 12-12 or something.

They have slowed the courts down considerably over the years. Some claim that the US Open is faster than Wimbledon these days. If this match is boring, that's down to the styles of the players involved, not the surface.

The predictable 21-19 final set marching along

This may actually happen!! Currently 18-17 with no breaks in sight. What was the record Isner set against the French man a few years back? How many games in the 5th set?

Epic match to take the 2nd place trophy as neither will have anything left to beat Joker or Rafa.

ETA: oh gosh, just looked it up, Isner beat Mahut 70-68 in the 5th of an 11 hour epic. That is pure insanity. Long way to go to get there!

Last edited:
Boring. And the crowd is ready for it to be done too. Returner just has to get to 30 for them to get louder hoping it could finally be over.

Post-serve these guys look about as good as me.

They can play four and a half more hours and still not break the Isner-Mahut record.

Back