• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Yeah, can you imagine what would happen if Clemson beat Alabama for the national championship ? If only we had historical precedent . . .

Yes, they scheduled the team that Wake beat in a bowl game in their first game with a new coach (which they obviously didn't know would be the case at the time).

Props to Clemson for realizing they needed to upgrade their schedule to make it look like they're tying to play someone during the season. They've also signed up to play Georgia again in a decade.

Georgia also has a home and home with Texas scheduled.

Here's a link to the SOS rankings. Let me know where you find Clemson and Notre Dame who feast on ACC competition.

Nice link.....

Best 4 teams are in the playoff. UGA needs to win more games like last year and they would be in. Any argument that the best 4 teams didn't make it is just an opinion. Good luck with that argument.

I'm still on board for the 8 team playoff with 5 conf champs and 3 at large. I don't even care if an 8-4 team upsets someone in a conference championship game to make it. They won their conference, give them a shot. Make it more like the NCAA tournament, and less like a media-fest/popularity contest.

I'm still on board for the 8 team playoff with 5 conf champs and 3 at large. I don't even care if an 8-4 team upsets someone in a conference championship game to make it. They won their conference, give them a shot. Make it more like the NCAA tournament, and less like a media-fest/popularity contest.

Agree. Has always made the most sense. Gets everyone in that deserves to be in and rewards teams for winning their conference.

You two obviously missed the PAC 12 Championship Game Friday night. That league's champion lost to Auburn and neither team in that championship game would have a shot at winning a game against any other team in the current or imagined playoff, including UCF.

Put the eight best teams in.

You two obviously missed the PAC 12 Championship Game Friday night. That league's champion lost to Auburn and neither team in that championship game would have a shot at winning a game against any other team in the current or imagined playoff, including UCF.

Apparently increasing to 8 is the only way GA can make it in there.

You're telling me Wazzu and UW wouldn't have a shot against UCF? GTFO.

Nah I watched it. And I’m still fine with them getting an invite to a 8 team playoff. Sorry your Dawgs aren’t good enough this year, I’m sure they will be fine. You guys sure are some complainers though. Yeesh

Count me out among the people who are grumbling about another potential Clemson-Bama game. The two championship games to date have been great games.

You're okay with Bama winning the first round of the playoffs 56-10 while a second ACC team who might be deserving goes to the Gator Bowl ? That is exactly the scenario that would keep NC State out of the playoffs -- 7-1 in the league with a loss to Clemson, a bunch of wins against ACC cupcakes, and a good win against an OOC opponent like WVU. I'm sure you'd be thrilled watching a 10-3 Washington team get embarrassed instead of the Wolfpack under those circumstances.

You're okay with Bama winning the first round of the playoffs 56-10 while a second ACC team who might be deserving goes to the Gator Bowl ? That is exactly the scenario that would keep NC State out of the playoffs -- 7-1 in the league with a loss to Clemson, a bunch of wins against ACC cupcakes, and a good win against an OOC opponent like WVU. I'm sure you'd be thrilled watching a 10-3 Washington team get embarrassed instead of the Wolfpack under those circumstances.

In a 5 autobid/3 wild card playoff if NCSU lost to clemson and was one of the 3 best wild card teams they would get in. If not, tough shit, should have won more games

It's more like two wild cards because some UCF-type team would be getting in the past two years.

Cool. Should have won the conference championship or been one of the best other teams. That’s what you play the games for.

If it went to eight teams, I would be fine with the conference champ from the P5 plus three at-large.

Too little overlap from non-conference games to exclude conference champs.

Wake will never, ever get an "at large" bid to the CFP. Expanding it to 8 and guaranteeing conference champions spots is our only hope if we pull a 2006 again. I also don't think it really hurts anyone. One year some 8-4 conf champ on the rise with a future Heisman freshman QB will knock off Bama or Clemson in the playoff, and everyone will love it.

You people go from telling me that Georgia shouldn't be in the playoff because they're not one of the best teams to telling me you don't care if they expand the playoff to include teams that have no business playing for a national championship.

Back