• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I think Kyle Murray is a pretty weak Heisman winner and I am an OU fan. He shat the bed first game against Texas. He's tiny.

Alabama is going to undress him and he is going to run off to play baseball, as he should.

Again, I like the kid and he is an amazing talent, but he failed his first exam against Texas and has been just okay against pressure.

I think Kyle Murray is a pretty weak Heisman winner and I am an OU fan. He shat the bed first game against Texas. He's tiny.

Alabama is going to undress him and he is going to run off to play baseball, as he should.

Again, I like the kid and he is an amazing talent, but he failed his first exam against Texas and has been just okay against pressure.

This is an incredibly hot take. His stat line from the first Texas game: 19-26, 304 yds, 4 TDs, 1 INT, 214.4 QBR (!!). 11 rushes for 92 yards, 1 TD.

He had a better QBR than Baker Mayfield last year when he won it and more TDs. He's statistically one of the best Heisman winners of all time.

:nick young ???:

Lotta ill-informed take dropping going on here today. Not sure why, though it is the usual suspects at least

I saw Kyle up close at the TCU game this year. He's 5'9", but was smooth moving in the pocket, and quick as a hiccup when he broke out. He has the body of a slot receiver, not thick like Russel Wilson. Go to the majors, Kyle, the million$ are waiting for you.

The A's gave Murray a $5 million signing bonus contingent upon Murray playing only baseball after this football season. So, if KM wants to play football after OU loses to Bama, he is going to have give all or some portion of that bonus back. Affordable if Murray is a high NFL draft pick; not affordable if not. I know NFL teams are interested in KM, but are they willing to spend a 1st pick on a 5-9 QB that cannot fully commit to mini camps, training camp, the start of the season? Hard to see how the economics work for football to buyout the baseball commitment, unless a team falls in love with him, and is willing to pay major dollars.

Last edited:

what in the hell

Drinkwitz to be the coach at App State. So that means, UNC and State are both bringing in new OC and line coaches this year. All that and Bell moving on, how is Howell not taking a greater look at Wake?

Dan Mulled lays the smack down.

Douchebo Swinney cleans up against Pitt then says the playoff should only be two teams.

https://247sports.com/college/clems...ansion-Clemson-Tigers-Dabo-Swinney-126381759/

"I’d be more back to two, to be honest with you. I’m not more is better guy," Swinney said after Friday's practice. "I know there’s a huge crowd out there for that, but I think college football is unique, and now all of a sudden it just becomes like everything else when you do that, in my opinion. I mean you’ve got 130 teams. We’ve got 68 bowls or something like that.

Anybody watching the halftime show now of the NC A&T vs Alcorn State game.
The bands are amazing and their 'battle of the bands' is almost as important as the game.

Anybody watching the halftime show now of the NC A&T vs Alcorn State game.
The bands are amazing and their 'battle of the bands' is almost as important as the game.

I'd take out the "almost." Those are two schools where the football games are just the excuse for band performances.

I'd take out the "almost." Those are two schools where the football games are just the excuse for band performances.

I can't disagree.
Although the game is getting good. The end of the third quarter was wild.
The fans really getting into it.

Some of these bowl games should just be played at high school stadiums with the turnout they have.

Back