Page 156 of 162 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3230

Thread: 2019 offical College Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniousmonk View Post
    His little brother
    Who is supposedly better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    No dog in this fight. I was just pointing out that your initial argument was flawed (for a couple of reasons). Thanks for clarifying.

Id say Hurts is a very good (perhaps great) college QB that has benefited from being on Alabama.

Hell likely be good wherever he goes, especially because hell choose a program where he can showcase his skill set, but its unlikely that hell be as good as he was his frosh year at Bama.
    I think he'd be interesting in Willie Taggert's offense, but obviously with Francois still there, the timing isn't ideal. And I guess nobody is doing much of anything until their offensive line gets it together.

Can't edit the above post, but fun fact: Jalen Hurts squats more than anyone on Alabama at over 600lbs. Dude is a truck.

Robert O'Kelley
    For his NFL future, he really should go to an elite school that needs a power RB and try to become a top 2-3 rounder. I don't really think there's much chance of that happening at QB.

Hurts will be drafted to backup Taysom Hill

Any team that runs some version of the RPO/spread should be calling him unless they have a returning starter.

Georgia Tech would be an ideal situation. Transitioning away from the option with a guy like Hurts would be perfect.

Dabo is Roy Williams

I hope Hurts goes to Washington State, but it sounds like its between Maryland and Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    who is in line to take over from Tua?
    He could be replaced by a 5 star 6'5" 225lb, 4.4 40 stud HS QB that will instead sit out his community college year to save himself for his preordained NFL career.
    Lawrence sit out two years? LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    I hope Hurts goes to Washington State, but it sounds like its between Maryland and Miami.
    i wanna see tate martell end up at WSU

Hurts attended last night's Indiana/MD hoop game. The crowd was chanting "We want Jalen...".

Looks like Alabama and Clemson will each lose at least 4 underclassmen to the NFL.

ETA: Including Clemson's suspended PED guy.
    Last edited by Deaconblue; 01-12-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    Any team that runs some version of the RPO/spread should be calling him unless they have a returning starter.

Georgia Tech would be an ideal situation. Transitioning away from the option with a guy like Hurts would be perfect.
    GT fans are pumped about their new coaching staff, who evidently are really hitting the recrtrail hard. They're going to need a lot of different types of players as they switch to a spread offense. Think next year will be tough for them, but after that, if they can successfully recruit local GA talent they could be pretty good

Expanding Mod Powers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...harvey_updyke/

Reddit's Harvey Updyke Awards. Great stuff.
    The offseason is sadly upon us, and it's time to reflect on those poor misguided souls whose antics most made us want to leave our team logo gear in the closet this season. Named in honor of notorious tree-poisoning Alabama fan Harvey Updyke, this award is voted upon annually by r/cfb to commemorate the biggest douchebag fan(s) in college football of the past season.

The nominees:

FSU fan photoshops Coach Willie Taggart into a picture of a lynching, gets fired from his job

UGA baseball player dismissed from team for shouting "put the n****r in," as in, Justin Fields, at a game

Clemson fans take free tickets to South Carolina game intended for charity and military, brag about it

West Point cadets kidnap Air Force falcon mascots, injuring them

Ohio State superfan Buck-I-Guy shows up in full regalia at Earle Bruce memorial service, signs remembrance intended only for former players

Oregon fans fling bottles and profanity at Stanford team departing the field at Autzen Stadium

Iowa Hawkeyes fans accuse Nebraska Cornhuskers players of not taking part in "The Wave" to the patients at Iowa Children's Hospital

Expanding Mod Powers

Scooter Banks
    Give him credit- he didn't go full Fuzzy Zoeller.

Expanding Mod Powers

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Give him credit- he didn't go full Fuzzy Zoeller.
    Yesterday during the news broadcast of the event, the newscaster said, "you can hear a Clemson player saying 'are you kidding me?'"

I can hear coaches across the nation now: "Work hard men, and one day we could win a National Championship, get invited to the White House, and eat fast food." smh.

Martell to Miami