• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Wake is 1000:1 to win it all next year, which seems a little optimistic.

DyLE29FXQAA6LG9.jpg:large

Also available in alphabetical order !

DyHM3RhWsAInnAE.jpg:large

Last edited:
Georgia at 6/1 seems like a solid bet.

Miami at 5000/1 seems like a reasonable bet as well. My how the mighty have fallen when, according to the odds, we have a 5x better chance of winning it all than Miami.

Last edited:
Once you get to the 100/1 odds, what do the odds really mean?

If you were given your choice of the teams with 2/1 through 50/1 odds or all the rest, which would you pick?

Once you get to the 100/1 odds, what do the odds really mean?

If you were given your choice of the teams with 2/1 through 50/1 odds or all the rest, which would you pick?

I'll do you one better: I'd take 2/1 through 6/1 (Alabama, Clemson and Georgia) over the rest. The NCAA is a top heavy business. Only about 5 teams even have a shot at winning it all right now: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, and OSU are just playing on a different level right now.

Last edited:
Georgia at 6/1 seems like a solid bet.

Miami at 5000/1 seems like a reasonable bet as well. My how the mighty have fallen when, according to the odds, we have a 5x better chance of winning it all than Miami.

I think they messed up the logo for Miami, OH on the 5000/1 list, the "U" is actually 150/1, along with FSU (still a huge fall from the lofty perch those two schools occupied for the better part of the last 30 years).

I'll do you one better: I'd take 2/1 through 6/1 (Alabama, Clemson and Georgia) over the rest. The NCAA is a top heavy business. Only about 6 teams even have a shot at winning it all right now. Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, OSU, and some random team to be named later. But those 5 schools are playing at a different level right now.

ND at UGA is an early season matchup that will make or break the season for ND and possibly Georgia.

Sport is way too top-heavy.

Not that it will happen, but cutting the scholarships in football will distribute the talent more evenly, help Title IX compliance, and free up scholarships for baseball, soccer, etc.

Not that it will happen, but cutting the scholarships in football will distribute the talent more evenly, help Title IX compliance, and free up scholarships for baseball, soccer, etc.

Seems like it’s more top heavy since cutting scholarships to 85.

Compared to when Alabama claimed a share of 6 national championships in 19 seasons and the other teams in the mix were Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Southern Cal ?

It seems to be, at least in the past 6-8 years.
The reduction to 85 reduced spending on scholarships, but overall spending on facilities has increase across the board. As we know, facilities are extremely important in recruiting, especially top tier players. The reduction to 85 may also allow schools to increase focus on fewer players.
The net result is the top dogs are still getting the top dogs.

Right. So instead of devoting the last bit of resources toward recruiting and scholarships for extra players for roster depth, those resources are going to facilities for the top kids.

The idea was reducing scholarships would spread out the top players. I think that happened but with all the TV money and conference realignment, the talent spread very thin.

True but it’s not exactly a show of any respect - only 3 power 5 schools below us - Illinois, Oregon St, and New Jersey

Our position is relevant to our annual game vs Clemson, the odds on favorite, which puts us near the bottom of any odds.

Our position is relevant to our annual game vs Clemson, the odds on favorite, which puts us near the bottom of any odds.

True, but Vanderbilt is also at 1,000:1 and would probably have to beat Georgia, LSU, Florida, and Alabama next year to make the playoff, whereas Wake would have to beat Clemson and the murderers row of NC State, Syracuse, and Va Tech.

Back