• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Their D looks pretty legit though. VT has gotten the ball around the 50 or closer so many times

Disagree on Clawson's upside, but I feel like we've trode over this territory before. I hope other ADs think like you!

A 6-5 year at Richmond is a down year seems harsh, especially when he got them to the FCS semis (losing in Boone to App at the height of their dominance) the next year. And left behind a program that won the FCS title the next season

I like Clawson. I’d absolutely look at him if I were an AD of a bigger deal program.

6-5 isn’t terrible, your right... But it was 4th in their division and 8th in their conference. Finished 1st the year before and after.

Taggart has NEVER gone backwards in wins. That’s all I was saying.

(I don’t know why I’m defending Taggart when I’m not really a huge fan)

VT secondary is not giving Francois any options... The downfield coverage has been phenomenal. Add in the pass rush not giving him any time and you get this ugliness.

I think we can play with FSU gentlemen. I'm watching the same team I watched last year and VT isn't doing anything special.

Yeah. After a few minutes, I started thinking about going to Tallahassee for our game with them.

Oh we absolutely can. Looking to me like 2-7 in the Atlantic is going to be a complete toss-up.

Francois seems like he might be a bad fit for what Taggart likes to do, generally he's had more mobile guys like Flowers at USF

Completely agree with this. Francois may not be that good as well.

Francois looks a hell of a lot better than Jackson.

But I guess that’s not saying much.

The game demonstrates how crucial field position is and therefore how important a good kicking game is.

I honestly hope FSU scores right here just so I have an excuse to drink more beer.

Teams with speed are rarely ever totally out of a game until the very end. Explosiveness turns games quickly.

FSU has 0.6 yards per rush. :eek:

That number just went up significantly.

Nice play. Trips on the far side... VT loading the box, so once the RB got the corner there was nobody else on that side of the field.

The hustle play in chasing down the FSU runner may pay huge dividends right here.

FSU has 0.6 yards per rush. :eek:

Check that. One play and it's suddenly 4.0 yards per rush. :D

This is why football needs to use median yards per rush instead of average.

Back