• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I'll give you Ponder and Manuel not being complete bums, but look at the QB's in those drafts and I think we know why they went so high.

2013 EJ Manuel:

The fact that the Bills drafted him does not help your "NFL Front Office Proffesionals deemed him worthy of a multi-million dollar investment" argument because it's the Bills front office and they've probably wasted more money on shit draft picks than every team other than the Browns (maybe even more than them).

11 QB's drafted and only 3 QB's taken in the first three rounds (one in each round)

Second Round- Geno Smith: I don't really need to say anything here
Third Round- Mike Glennon: see above

The rest-
Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
Tyler Wilson
Landry Jones
Brad Sorensen
Zach Dysert
B.J. Daniels
Sean Renfree

Not really saying much to be the top of that class...

2011 Christian Ponder:

Didn't go to a trainwreck organization but the Vikings definitely were not great at this time.

4th QB taken in the first 12 picks so he was probably drafted because QB's were trendy this year. Too bad most of the decent ones were drafted well after him.

Cam Newton (1st) Jake Locker (8th) and Blaine Gabbert (10th)

Locker and Gabbert both had as rough of a time in the NFL as Ponder.

Then we get to the QB's taken after him that performed far better:
-Andy Dalton (2nd round)
-Colin Kaepernick (2nd round)
-Tyrod Taylor (6th round)

even those guys are mediocre.

Not trying to be argumentative or shitstigating but a players draft position has been proven time and time again to be a crappy measure of success. Ask Aaron Curry.

Why are you evaluating college QBs with how good they are in the NFL? Plenty of dudes are great college QBs but aren’t any good any the pros. Completely different game. Are Tanner Price and Skinner bums because they couldn’t cut it in the NFL?

Why are you evaluating college QBs with how good they are in the NFL? Plenty of dudes are great college QBs but aren’t any good any the pros. Completely different game. Are Tanner Price and Skinner bums because they couldn’t cut it in the NFL?

He’s saying they’re bums even though they got drafted. Take your Glennon and soon to be Finley butthurt elsewhere.

He’s saying they’re bums even though they got drafted. Take your Glennon and soon to be Finley butthurt elsewhere.

Glennon, Finley, and a shit ton of the other guys he mentioned aren’t/weren’t bums in college though. Who cares what they do in the NFL if they were really good in college?

Glennon, Finley, and a shit ton of the other guys he mentioned aren’t/weren’t bums in college though. Who cares what they do in the NFL if they were really good in college?

That’s the point. Ponder and Manuel weren’t “really good” in college.

I guess I’m missing the argument. Manual was prettt darn good as a senior but whatever

I guess I’m missing the argument. Manual was prettt darn good as a senior but whatever

I never called Manuel a bum. Go back and read my earlier post. I said he was "Meh" and even said he had a really good senior year. Sorry I called Mike Glennon a bum, but he's a bum.

If tau ever faces eternal damnation, his punishment will be not being able to defend NC State things. Dude won't be able to handle a day

I can only imagine that hell.

Stupid conversation. College starting qbs have done something right thru the 1st 20 years of their lives.

To turn this into a race discussion, only 2 super bowl winning qbs thru the first 25 super bowls did not have blue eyes
Who were they?

BC has a good passing game. What do Deacs think they can do to shut it down?

BC has a good passing game. What do Deacs think they can do to shut it down?

I am far more concerned with stopping AJ Dillon. If we can’t stop him this game will get ugly quick.

What does "really good" mean?

EJ Manuel was 25-6 as a starter at FSU. He QB'd FSU to the third most wins of any QB in school history. When he left FSU, he was first in FSU history in completion % and 2nd all-time in the ACC (67%). His senior year, FSU was ACC and Orange Bowl champs. He was the QB of the 2012 FSU offense which scored the most points and gained the most yards of any FSU offense until their NC offense under Winston. He is the only QB in FSU history to win 4 Bowl Games (Orange, Gator, Chik-Fil-A and Champs); as of 2012 only one other QB had done that in FBS history. Find it remarkable that career is not considered "very good".

Yeah, I hate FSU more than pretty much any other program, but EJ Manuel was a very good college QB.

I guess Ponder was pretty meh, but he had injury issues (and a shitty team) for most of his college career. Not hard to see why he was given a shot in the NFL.

Can't believe it is already Wednesday... Time to start getting fired up for a full weekend of NCAA & NFL football!

Stupid conversation. College starting qbs have done something right thru the 1st 20 years of their lives.

To turn this into a race discussion, only 2 super bowl winning qbs thru the first 25 super bowls did not have blue eyes
Who were they?

Doug Williams was likely one of them.

Some folks are either reading comprehension challenged or math challenged. We are on SB 53, so the first 25 would start somewhere around '93 and before.

So Doug was 80s so agree with that one and then would guess either plunkett or McMahon with Bears??

Who were they?

Doug Williams and Jim Plunkett.

Hopefully most of you have seen this gem and future GIF legend, but for those who haven't enjoy....

NC A&T head coach endorsing the check from ECU in the locker room post game:

Back