• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

btw, the targeting rule is complete and absolute bullshit. Only old men afraid of lawsuits could think of anything this damn stupid.
Well that is a bad take. In a few years we wont even think twice about the targeting rule. Already people get outraged about those launch hits to the head, where just a few years ago we celebrated them on Sportscenter.

Football in general is becoming hard to watch. Too many flags in an effort to protect everyone. We are not that far from flag football in high school.

Football in general is becoming hard to watch. Too many flags in an effort to protect everyone. We are not that far from flag football in high school.
Im guesstimating here, but i'd say:
65% of football penalties are line of scrimmage penalties - offsides, false start, holding, delay of game.
15% are pass interference
10% are special teams holding or block in the back.

That leaves what, 10%? So 1/10 penalties is a late hit, roughing the passer, or targeting?

Can't stand ND but I thought this was pretty good

Can't stand ND but I thought this was pretty good

You what the ultimate prank would be? Replace “Enter Sandman” with the 60’s song “Mister Sandman” before the Chokies run out of the tunnel at Lane Stadium.

Lincoln Riley follows Clawson's lead and reportedly relieves his DC, Mike Stoops, of his duties.

#Big12Defense

If Wake played in the Big 12 they would only lose games by scores like 63-38 instead of 63-3 !

Rice lost 20-3 to something called UTSA. Is Rice one of the worst teams in college football history? Wake needs to schedule them annually,

Rice lost 20-3 to something called UTSA. Is Rice one of the worst teams in college football history? Wake needs to schedule them annually,

I saw that. I actually watched a few minutes of it on ESPN3. Poor Rice, they play in a pretty big stadium, that just makes the small crowd look even worse. Any time somebody thinks we need to be in a Group of 5 conference, just think of Rice and realize if we didn't play in the ACC, that would be us. Yeah, I know it's hard for us to compete sometimes and we take some lumps, but being in a Power 5 conference allows us to recruit at a much higher level and have actually rivals, instead of playing in a lesser conference with no regional rivals because it's so spread out.

In history is a massive overstatement, they were competitive with decentish Hawaii and Houston teams a few weeks back. They def bad though.

We've been good at hammering such opp under Clawson, and fairly bad at competing with the big boys. The middle games the tossups

Clemson still wouldn't have beaten Rice by much more than 60 points.

Notre Dame is rapidly running out of opportunities to step on their dicks.

I still have hope, though.

If it doesn't happen before the playoff they'll just get cremated once they get there, so there's that

In the S&P rankings, Rice isn't even the worst team this year (they're second worst in the FBS in front of UConn).

In Sagarin Rice is ranked between Mercer and Southeast Missouri State which is....bad.

If it doesn't happen before the playoff they'll just get cremated once they get there, so there's that

Oh yeah... I welcome the opportunity to fade the Irish in the playoff.

Honestly, it'll be fun if they stay undefeated because we'll hear so much whining from the SEC runner-up and/or the Big 12 Champs.

College football is great but the worst part of it is having to root against other teams to lose as much as rooting for your team to win.

If Georgia somehow makes it through four games in five weeks against ranked opponents but loses by two touchdowns to Alabama in December they'd pretty much be hosed.

Unless there's a big upset in a conference championship game. Haven't really had one of those in the playoff era, but it's coming

Back