• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

FSU and especially Louisville are really really bad. We’ll be fine. I don’t know that we win either game, but to pretend those two teams are unbeatable even by this deeply flawed Wake team is silly.

FSU and especially Louisville are really really bad. We’ll be fine. I don’t know that we win either game, but to pretend those two teams are unbeatable even by this deeply flawed Wake team is silly.

Who said they were unbeatable?

It has to be asked...

Will WF win another football game this season?

Ph, I think that was in reference to this post.

I agree that our flaws are apparent but that we ain’t chopped liver on offense. Should be a fun second half of the season because you never know what can happen.

Someone recommended that we shut down our revenue sports football and basketball.

Maybe that would be a good idea and that’s working for UAB. After shutting down for 2015 and 2016 they are back in business at 5-1 and just beat the Rice team that ran up and down the field against us 42-0.

Maybe after a two year hiatus we would only come back half as strong as UAB but that would be an improvement.

I never said anybody was unbeatable. I just don’t think we are very good. No certain Ws left on the schedule. Looked easier when FSU, Louisville, and Pitt were all trash... Now they’re just bad.

Georgia and Auburn losing on the same day warms my heart.

Even better when they lose to teams that UF already beat.

There must be an allergic reaction to trying for first in the Coastal.

This will be the best weekend of the year to be a Wake fan.

Wake doesn’t lose, little red Nebraska and their despicable pious fans go 0-6 and then in the nightcap Carowhina snatches defeat from victory.

What a Saturday!

If this were basketball and the 1950's, I'd have to ask if UNC was point-shaving. Player wide open in end zone and QB launches the ball 5 yards over his head. So you try for the field goal and kicker misses wide left. Then, 3 procedure penalties in a row when you're already backed up towards your own goal line. Later, 1st and goal at the 1 and you cough it up. Then the opponent drives 97 yards to beat you.

Last edited:
Isn't this the weekend Kelley Bryant is visiting the Holes? Hope he enjoyed the game. lol

Yes he was on the sidelines going down the line high-fiving the fans big smile on his face and so relieved to get away from Dabo. He felt personally wronged by Dabo and we are all happy for him to get a shot somewhere else.

Its gonna end up being Clemson Duke in the ACC title game, and it'll be even uglier than the F$U Duke title game from a few years ago.

I think Duke would give Clemson a better game than VT. Maybe Miami too. Good defense plus very good QB play.

But it will be either VT or Miami -- maybe VT even if they lose to Miami since the Hokies have already played three of their road games, and Miami still has to go to BC and GT (Duke has to go to Miami and Clem and already has the VT L)

I think Duke would give Clemson a better game than VT. Maybe Miami too. Good defense plus very good QB play.

But it will be either VT or Miami -- maybe VT even if they lose to Miami since the Hokies have already played three of their road games, and Miami still has to go to BC and GT (Duke has to go to Miami and Clem and already has the VT L)

Nobody in the joke of a division that is the Coastal can keep it within 3 scores of Clemson. Duke, VT, Miami or other.

Back