• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Bowling Green (this shocks me)

Year after Urban left, he had built them up. They were NOT playing Roethlisberger and Miami OH who were unbeaten but instead Northern Illinois who were also unbeaten and #12 in the country having beaten Maryland and Bama that year with Michael Turner running the show. Year after they beat us. Epic year for the MAC.

They've also been to BYU

Last edited:
Non-power V schools that have hosted Gameday (tOSU has hosted the most -- 17):

Air Force (3)
James Madison (2)
North Dakota State (2)
Army
Harvard
Boise State
Bowling Green (this shocks me)
Florida A&M
Houston
Temple
Penn
Western Michigan
Williams

FWIW, Gameday has been held at the Army/Navy game three times, but the games are always on a neutral field. Gameday has visited Army and Air Force, but never Navy.

Finally, Cal, Kansas, Cuse and Illinois have all been the road team for Gameday appearances. So, the 7 schools Power V schools that have never had Gameday appear for a home or a road game are:

Iowa State
Minnesota
Maryland
Duke
UVA
Wake
Rutgers

If you add in college hoop Gameday (which began in 2005), all of the schools left out of college football Gameday have hosted college hoop Gameday except:

Minnesota
Rutgers AND

yes, Wake Forest.

Ouch.

Good research. Bites.

2018 offical College Football thread

App state is 50/50 to win out. Anyway they can jump UCF and snag the new year’s six spot? Odds seem slim but looks like they have at least a shot. Cincy and USF both ahead of them as well.

Can't really see a Sun Belt team getting the NY6 spot without being undefeated. Per the metrics they're good enough but think they'll get penalized for not beating anyone. A 2-loss AAC champ gets the bid over them, IMO.

Fresno more likely too, or Utah State for that matter, if one of them finishes with two losses or less and wins the MWC

Last edited:
App state is 50/50 to win out. Anyway they can jump UCF and snag the new year’s six spot? Odds seem slim but looks like they have at least a shot.

App would need UCF to lose. Kudos to App for being dominant after losing their stud starting QB Taylor Lamb, their top receiver, two most experienced OL starters, and both of their co-defensive coordinators (one is now the DC at GT; the other is the DC at GA Southern. Further, if recruiting rankings have any validity, the Apps recruit at level below every Power V school. Despite all of that, the Apps are a legit top 25 team, and should be unbeaten as the only loss was a blown late lead at Penn State. There was no objective reason to think that App would be better in 2018, than they were in 2017, but they are.

Satterfield deserves a P5 job tomorrow

That’s why I’m not too optimistic about Wake getting the App DC unless he really likes NC. Satterfield should be high on the list for a solid P5 job, maybe UNC.

Satterfield deserves a P5 job tomorrow

May get the UNC job if they continue down their losing rat hole. They have about a $14 million debt to overcome on his salary but both Satterfield & JMU's Mike Houston both need to be snapped up by P5 programs.

Last edited:
BTW, App lost their star RB Jalin Moore with a dislocated ankle in last week's win over Arkansas State. As a senior Moore's career at App is over.

App would need UCF to lose. Kudos to App for being dominant after losing their stud starting QB Taylor Lamb, their top receiver, two most experienced OL starters, and both of their co-defensive coordinators (one is now the DC at GT; the other is the DC at GA Southern. Further, if recruiting rankings have any validity, the Apps recruit at level below every Power V school. Despite all of that, the Apps are a legit top 25 team, and should be unbeaten as the only loss was a blown late lead at Penn State. There was no objective reason to think that App would be better in 2018, than they were in 2017, but they are.

Yes too bad we can’t afford to hire their coaches

Even though NC State/Clemson is the matchup between two undefeateds and higher ranked teams, I think Gameday made a good choice to go to Washington State today, based on that opening crowd shot (at 6am pacific time no less).

Nc state at Clemson -18.5
Miss st at LSU -6.5
Oregon at wash st -3

Give me all three road dogs

Also think Tennessee stays within 29.5 of bama

I bet there are less than 12k at duke today.

I know for a Wake fan to comment about poor attendance probably looks like the pot calling the kettle black, but for there to be that few for a 5-1 Duke team hosting UVa in a key Coastal division game is really pathetic. I mean Duke fans will camp out a week to see their basketball team, but can’t show up for their football team and Coach Cutcliffe who’s done an incredible job turning that program around is really poor. Our fans show up pretty well really, especially when we’re having success.

Back