• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Even though CFB officially begins today, the week leading up to our first game is for me the longest of the year.

Why would anyone from NYC root for something Boston? And there's zero good football in the Northeast. Of course a lot of people with Irish Catholic roots and no other firm rooting interests will root for the historically great Irish Catholic football team that has every game on national TV.

In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Ted Lindsey did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.

In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Ted Lindsey did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.

Harry Kalas did it in the early 80s too. It was picked up by ESPN at 8am Sunday. If I find it, I'll post a clip of him saying Hiawatha Francisco. It took him 10 seconds to say it.

Someone tell me why all these badass Clemson players who apparently could all be starting on NFL rosters this year have remained in school risking injury without a payday, rather than exiting for the brighter lights and paycheck of pro ball?

And yet at Wake we're worried that some of our better, moderately rated players will bolt for the League with two years of eligibility remaining?

Ha ha - I remember those. Always had Irish Spring commercials. And I would always pull for the team playing ND, even though the game was decided the day before. I beleive they would say something like "Air Force was unable to advance the ball, we resume with Notre Dame at their own 40 with 1st and ten."

Someone tell me why all these badass Clemson players who apparently could all be starting on NFL rosters this year have remained in school risking injury without a payday, rather than exiting for the brighter lights and paycheck of pro ball?

And yet at Wake we're worried that some of our better, moderately rated players will bolt for the League with two years of eligibility remaining?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...clemson-tigers-ridiculously-cool-new-facility

Maybe something to do with team facility with slide, bowling alley, barber shop and nap room.

Danny Rocco under some heat to get it done (make playoffs) this season. Delaware's longest playoff drought ever is ongoing.

It appears the ESPN website has nuked its "College Football Nation" pages, thus ending the full conference coverage like "ACC Nation" where they kept abreast of all conference teams. In its stead they now seem to be focusing all their resources on the top 10 to a dozen marquee programs/factories and ignoring most of the rest unless something particularly remarkable happens there.

I detest this move, as I'd hope all Wake fans and similarly situated fanbases would. That is all.

It appears the ESPN website has nuked its "College Football Nation" pages, thus ending the full conference coverage like "ACC Nation" where they kept abreast of all conference teams. In its stead they now seem to be focusing all their resources on the top 10 to a dozen marquee programs/factories and ignoring most of the rest unless something particularly remarkable happens there.

I detest this move, as I'd hope all Wake fans and similarly situated fanbases would. That is all.

I can't think of another company that has abandoned what made it successful the way ESPN has.

Former Deac LB with a head coaching record of 97-46 starting his second season at Delaware.

Many Delaware fans have an SEC like mentality. Playoffs (BCS) every year or its a bad season. Currently Delaware is in its longest no playoffs drought since FCS and predecessor 1AA have existed. Rocco needs to grab one of the older guys from FBS who lost the starting job competition to a younger guy. That has been a Delaware model for many years.

Just today, Nebraska RS freshman QB Tristan Gebbia left team and school after losing starting QB competition to true freshman. Gebbia was a really good pro style QB coming out of HS. Recruited by the previous HC....

Many Delaware fans have an SEC like mentality. Playoffs (BCS) every year or its a bad season. Currently Delaware is in its longest no playoffs drought since FCS and predecessor 1AA have existed. Rocco needs to grab one of the older guys from FBS who lost the starting job competition to a younger guy. That has been a Delaware model for many years.

Just today, Nebraska RS freshman QB Tristan Gebbia left team and school after losing starting QB competition to true freshman. Gebbia was a really good pro style QB coming out of HS. Recruited by the previous HC....

If they could only bring back Tubby Raymond

Early season college football games when powerhouses are playing absolute crap seem like one of the best things to bet on out there.

Linsey Nelson was on the version we watched.

Early season college football games when powerhouses are playing absolute crap seem like one of the best things to bet on out there.

Possibly. Vegas is usually a better judge of how good/bad that absolute crap is than anyone else, though. If the spread moves significantly in one direction there's probably value on the other as a result

Back