Page 9 of 162 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 3228

Thread: 2019 offical College Football thread

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I'm kind of scared of what Notre Dame is going to come up with for our game in Charlotte in 2020. Are they going to go for old school Hornets pinstripes?
    Just a giant BofA advertisement on their jerseys.

  2. #162
    Even though CFB officially begins today, the week leading up to our first game is for me the longest of the year.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Why would anyone from NYC root for something Boston? And there's zero good football in the Northeast. Of course a lot of people with Irish Catholic roots and no other firm rooting interests will root for the historically great Irish Catholic football team that has every game on national TV.
    In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Ted Lindsey did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by 8man View Post
    In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Ted Lindsey did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.
    Harry Kalas did it in the early 80s too. It was picked up by ESPN at 8am Sunday. If I find it, I'll post a clip of him saying Hiawatha Francisco. It took him 10 seconds to say it.

  5. #165
    Banned for anti-Marxism
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Far from the maddening crowd
    Posts
    5,114
    Someone tell me why all these badass Clemson players who apparently could all be starting on NFL rosters this year have remained in school risking injury without a payday, rather than exiting for the brighter lights and paycheck of pro ball?

    And yet at Wake we're worried that some of our better, moderately rated players will bolt for the League with two years of eligibility remaining?

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by 8man View Post
    In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Ted Lindsey did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.
    Ha ha - I remember those. Always had Irish Spring commercials. And I would always pull for the team playing ND, even though the game was decided the day before. I beleive they would say something like "Air Force was unable to advance the ball, we resume with Notre Dame at their own 40 with 1st and ten."

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Someone tell me why all these badass Clemson players who apparently could all be starting on NFL rosters this year have remained in school risking injury without a payday, rather than exiting for the brighter lights and paycheck of pro ball?

    And yet at Wake we're worried that some of our better, moderately rated players will bolt for the League with two years of eligibility remaining?
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...l-new-facility

    Maybe something to do with team facility with slide, bowling alley, barber shop and nap room.

  8. #168
    Danny Rocco under some heat to get it done (make playoffs) this season. Delaware's longest playoff drought ever is ongoing.

  9. #169
    Robert O'Kelley
    tigerswood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Price's Chicken Coop
    Posts
    6,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Danny Rocco under some heat to get it done (make playoffs) this season. Delaware's longest playoff drought ever is ongoing.
    Is this Joe Flacco's goofy uncle or something?

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post
    Is this Joe Flacco's goofy uncle or something?
    Former Deac LB with a head coaching record of 97-46 starting his second season at Delaware.

  11. #171
    Banned for anti-Marxism
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Far from the maddening crowd
    Posts
    5,114
    It appears the ESPN website has nuked its "College Football Nation" pages, thus ending the full conference coverage like "ACC Nation" where they kept abreast of all conference teams. In its stead they now seem to be focusing all their resources on the top 10 to a dozen marquee programs/factories and ignoring most of the rest unless something particularly remarkable happens there.

    I detest this move, as I'd hope all Wake fans and similarly situated fanbases would. That is all.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    It appears the ESPN website has nuked its "College Football Nation" pages, thus ending the full conference coverage like "ACC Nation" where they kept abreast of all conference teams. In its stead they now seem to be focusing all their resources on the top 10 to a dozen marquee programs/factories and ignoring most of the rest unless something particularly remarkable happens there.

    I detest this move, as I'd hope all Wake fans and similarly situated fanbases would. That is all.
    I can't think of another company that has abandoned what made it successful the way ESPN has.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    I can't think of another company that has abandoned what made it successful the way ESPN has.
    Hoisted by their own petard

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Former Deac LB with a head coaching record of 97-46 starting his second season at Delaware.
    Many Delaware fans have an SEC like mentality. Playoffs (BCS) every year or its a bad season. Currently Delaware is in its longest no playoffs drought since FCS and predecessor 1AA have existed. Rocco needs to grab one of the older guys from FBS who lost the starting job competition to a younger guy. That has been a Delaware model for many years.

    Just today, Nebraska RS freshman QB Tristan Gebbia left team and school after losing starting QB competition to true freshman. Gebbia was a really good pro style QB coming out of HS. Recruited by the previous HC....

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnydeac View Post
    I can't think of another company that has abandoned what made it successful the way ESPN has.
    They need new leadership, maybe they can hire Well Man.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Many Delaware fans have an SEC like mentality. Playoffs (BCS) every year or its a bad season. Currently Delaware is in its longest no playoffs drought since FCS and predecessor 1AA have existed. Rocco needs to grab one of the older guys from FBS who lost the starting job competition to a younger guy. That has been a Delaware model for many years.

    Just today, Nebraska RS freshman QB Tristan Gebbia left team and school after losing starting QB competition to true freshman. Gebbia was a really good pro style QB coming out of HS. Recruited by the previous HC....

    If they could only bring back Tubby Raymond

  17. #177
    Early season college football games when powerhouses are playing absolute crap seem like one of the best things to bet on out there.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by 8man View Post
    In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Lindsey Nelson did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.
    Fixed it for you.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by 8man View Post
    In the 60's, in NYC metro area, Notre Dame highlights were shown Sunday morning on indie tv station WPIX. Ted Lindsey did commentary. " Later in the drive ....." was catch phrase.
    Linsey Nelson was on the version we watched.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Early season college football games when powerhouses are playing absolute crap seem like one of the best things to bet on out there.
    Possibly. Vegas is usually a better judge of how good/bad that absolute crap is than anyone else, though. If the spread moves significantly in one direction there's probably value on the other as a result

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •