• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Two years Clemson barely beat State in OT, and should have lost if it wasn't for a clown kicker. They also lost to Pitt at home. Should they have kissed their playoff hopes goodbye then, when they beat Bama for the Natty?

The ACC is hot garbage outside of Clemson for two years running. Clemson's just lucky tOSU got bombed by Oklahoma last year and they played Auburn at home before Jarrett Stidham knew his ass from a hole in the ground because he was playing in just his second game and Kerryon Johnson was injured.

And NC State having a clown kicker is just part and parcel of why the ACC sucks.

So, if they were hot garbage two years ago, should Clemson not have made the playoff then? No one was arguing that, and they throttled OSU and beat Bama to win the title.

Also, your powerhouse SEC was 6-6 and 5-6 in bowl games the past two years. In 2016 the ACC was 8-3. Last year the B1G was 7-1.

The league was slightly better two years ago than it is now. Outside of Clemson there are only a couple of teams that aren't somewhere between just god awful and fairly pedestrian.

Stop with the bowl games BS. They're more meaningless now than ever. Wake Forest beat Texas A&M in a bowl game eight months ago. No one cares but the 12,000 Wake fans who were there.

The league was slightly better two years ago than it is now. Outside of Clemson there are only a couple of teams that aren't somewhere between just god awful and fairly pedestrian.

Stop with the bowl games BS. They're more meaningless now than ever. Wake Forest beat Texas A&M in a bowl game eight months ago. No one cares but the 12,000 Wake fans who were there.

This also describes the SEC East. You could make the argument that, before Georgia's resurgence, the SEC East may have been the worst division in P5 for a few years. My favorite was the year Missouri won it after losing to freaking Indiana.

Yeah, the east isn't all that great. But Georgia plays a schedule roughly as difficult as Alabama's this year with LSU and Auburn coming up. The easy game is the one against Ga Tech.

I'd be surprised if a one-loss ACC champ Clemson or a one-loss Georgia is in a position to miss the playoff. But stranger things could happen

Let's just all be thankful South Carolina was never this good during their run under Spurrier

The ACC is hot garbage outside of Clemson for two years running. Clemson's just lucky tOSU got bombed by Oklahoma last year and they played Auburn at home before Jarrett Stidham knew his ass from a hole in the ground because he was playing in just his second game and Kerryon Johnson was injured.

And NC State having a clown kicker is just part and parcel of why the ACC sucks.

has this really changed? Stidham sucks. Mostly agree with the ACC though. It's why I couldn't believe Doeren got a huge extension for an 8-4 season just because FSU sucked so bad that he finished 6-2 in the ACC rather than the usual 3-5 to 5-3 finish

There were more than 12k wake fans there friendo.

First you tell me the ACC isn't just a one-team league with Clemson and everybody else, then you tell me Clemson would manhandle another top 5 team. Get your story straight. Clemson is going to plow State on 10/20. And if they should lose, they should kiss the playoff goodbye.

Lol where in the hell did I mention State? And when did I say the ACC isn’t a 1 team league? It’s a 4 team playoff, all leagues are a 1 team league in that regards unless 2 of the other P5 leagues really shit the bed. You guys are a trip.

As long as Saban is still around it doesn’t matter what any of his coaching spawn do they will always be second fiddle to Bama.

Tabari Hines has been held catchless in 2 of 3 games this year for Oregon.

He'd be getting sufficient playing time for us if he'd have stayed. Relieving Dortch in the Slot and probably getting some at WR too with injuries. Buy hey, at least he's getting to us Oregon's awesome player facilities.

He was injured before the first game and did not play Week 1.

The Stanford at Oregon game is this weekend and is a pick 'em game. If the Ducks win that one they would have the inside track in the PAC 12 North with Washington also playing in Eugene. Outside of those two games their schedule is a laugher. Willie Taggart set up Mario Cristobal very nicely it would seem.

Illinois just went up on Penn State 24-21.

Lovie Smith's greybeard is the best thing on the field.

Got a good laugh out of this.

42327037_2219320154746365_2855393626744160256_n.jpg

Well PSU scored 3 TDs since I posted that score. I take full responsibility for the jinx.

Top of college ball is kinda boring these days. Bama and Clemson play like one interesting game all season.

Meanwhile, winless Old Dominion is up by 7 at home over #13 Virginia Tech with a little over 4 minutes to go. CBS Sports Network for those interested.

I should also note that Hokie QB Josh Jackson is on the sidelines in a boot.

Last edited:
Back