• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Wonder if that pisses off the #1 QB recruit in the country, Spencer Rattler, that has already enrolled this year at OU?

Also, James Blackman from FSU is in the transfer portal now. Taggart is running a sinking ship down there.

Wonder if that pisses off the #1 QB recruit in the country, Spencer Rattler, that has already enrolled this year at OU?

Also, James Blackman from FSU is in the transfer portal now. Taggart is running a sinking ship down there.

FSU may be a sinking ship, but having a QB transfer is hardly a sign of that. All 4 participants in the BCS playoff have had prominent QB transfers in the past 3 months. Add in tOSU and having a QB transfer may be a sign that you have the elite talent necessary to win a Natty.

FSU may be a sinking ship, but having a QB transfer is hardly a sign of that. All 4 participants in the BCS playoff have had prominent QB transfers in the past 3 months. Add in tOSU and having a QB transfer may be a sign that you have the elite talent necessary to win a Natty.

Didn't a lot of people think he was better than Francois and had at least a decent chance to beat him out? Francois is also much older and has been rumored to be mulling a grad transfer as well. Maybe I'm wrong and the consensus has always been that Francois is better, but this seems different than a sure-fire backup transferring.

Didn't a lot of people think he was better than Francois and had at least a decent chance to beat him out? Francois is also much older and has been rumored to be mulling a grad transfer as well. Maybe I'm wrong and the consensus has always been that Francois is better, but this seems different than a sure-fire backup transferring.

It is somewhat different because Francois onlyhas one year of eligibility left, so Blackman would be the heir apparent for 2020 if he stayed at FSU, with reasonable opportunity to play in 2019. He redshirted in 2018 after starting the rest of the games in 2017 after Francois got hurt against Alabama.

Instead he's transferring and I guess he's eligible next fall because he redshirted in 2018, which I think is BS and he should have to sit out a year after transferring regardless.

It is somewhat different because Francois onlyhas one year of eligibility left, so Blackman would be the heir apparent for 2020 if he stayed at FSU, with reasonable opportunity to play in 2019. He redshirted in 2018 after starting the rest of the games in 2017 after Francois got hurt against Alabama.

Instead he's transferring and I guess he's eligible next fall because he redshirted in 2018, which I think is BS and he should have to sit out a year after transferring regardless.

Why are you assuming he’s eligible? Unless he graduates in 3 years and goes as a grad transfer there have to be very extenuating circumstances for that. Fields is trying bc of the racist incident. Others have tried because of coaching changes. He doesn’t have anything like that.

Why are you assuming he’s eligible? Unless he graduates in 3 years and goes as a grad transfer there have to be very extenuating circumstances for that. Fields is trying bc of the racist incident. Others have tried because of coaching changes. He doesn’t have anything like that.

I guess you're right, but doesn't he only get one true redshirt year ? He redshirted in 2018. Would he not lose a year of eligibility if he transfers ? Help me out !

Francois “officially” said he was staying a few days ago, which is why I suspect James Blackman is transferring.

I think Blackman was a mediocre recruit and I didn’t expect him to really compete for the starting job (ever) at FSU. Not sure why people were hyping that, aside from Francois perhaps not meshing well with Taggart (and the team).

I know FSU had been trying to land a QB transfer (Fields, for one), but it’s gonna be Francois for another year.

As a UF fan, I’m happy that FSU will likely struggle again next year (regardless of QB)... But I still think Taggart will get it going again by year 3.

FSU is still involved with some highly rated class of 19 QB recruits that have not signed. If Blackmon leaves and they fail to land their recruiting targets, FSU has no other scholarship QBs on the roster for 2019 except Francois (who has been injured every year). Precarious situation.

Oh, and I definitely think he’ll have to sit out a year.

He was a sophomore this year, but played so little that he was going to use it as his redshirt year.

So he either plays next year as a redshirt sophomore at FSU... Or, he transfers, sits out a year, and has 2 years left (JR/SR).

FSU is still involved with some highly rated class of 19 QB recruits that have not signed. If Blackmon leaves and they fail to land their recruiting targets, FSU has no other scholarship QBs on the roster for 2019 except Francois (who has been injured every year). Precarious situation.

Unless that Louisville QB transfer gets a waiver. Which seems unlikely.

Also seems unlikely that FSU would start a true frosh that wouldn’t show up until the summer and would have less than 2 months to practice.

Francois “officially” said he was staying a few days ago, which is why I suspect James Blackman is transferring.

I think Blackman was a mediocre recruit and I didn’t expect him to really compete for the starting job (ever) at FSU. Not sure why people were hyping that, aside from Francois perhaps not meshing well with Taggart (and the team).

I know FSU had been trying to land a QB transfer (Fields, for one), but it’s gonna be Francois for another year.

As a UF fan, I’m happy that FSU will likely struggle again next year (regardless of QB)... But I still think Taggart will get it going again by year 3.

Will he make it to year 3 if year 2 goes as poorly as year 1 did?

(FYI - I want him to succeed, mainly because I hate Jimbo Fisher)

Yesterday during the news broadcast of the event, the newscaster said, "you can hear a Clemson player saying 'are you kidding me?'" :rolleyes:

I can hear coaches across the nation now: "Work hard men, and one day we could win a National Championship, get invited to the White House, and eat fast food." smh.
Maybe it’s time for the Presidents to go visit the champions on campus where the players can at least have a decent meal.

You’d think Strahan would know random people can’t just invite college athletes and give them perks.

Is Francois good?

I think he's good, but not great. I'll always be a fan of his after that beating he endured against the Deacs in 2016. My goodness that was brutal, but the dude kept standing in and taking shot after shot.

Too bad we couldn't score more tan 6 points. That game was there for the taking.

You’d think Strahan would know random people can’t just invite college athletes and give them perks.

Dude went to Texas Southern in the late 80's/early 90's. Doubt he's memorized the NCAA rulebook.

And if the President can have a football team over fordinner, why can't some mornig talk show blowhard ? That's my question to you, Mr. PhDeac !

Is Francois good?

Francois is a tough one to get a good read on. Reason being is that he has had such poor protection that he has been running for his life. It is hard to believe that as good as Jimbo's classes were always rated every year nationally, that they had such poor offensive line play. Really great skill position players but that O-line has just been bad.

Back