• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Missed FG was big turning point. Instead of up 17, Alabama goes right down the field and scores (from potential 3 score lead to only 1).

So how would Uga get matched up with Clemson? Whatever.

The CFPC would have to move UGA up to #3 and drop ND to #4. Also, that would assume that both Oklahoma and OSU are left out. It is possible this could happen because the CFPC has already set precedent by putting both OSU and Bama in the Playoffs without winning their division in back to back years.

The CFPC would have to move UGA up to #3 and drop ND to #4. Also, that would assume that both Oklahoma and OSU are left out. It is possible this could happen because the CFPC has already set precedent by putting both OSU and Bama in the Playoffs without winning their division in back to back years.

When those teams had one less loss than the teams they were going up against. Not one more loss like Georgia has

Do you think OSU or OU are better than UGA?

Personally, I believe UGA is a better and more complete team than both OSU and Oklahoma. OSU has been inconsistent all season, and Oklahoma doesn’t play defense. However, it is easy to make an argument for any of the 3 teams (assuming OSU wins tonight).

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Georgia
4 Notre Dame or Oklahoma

Anything else and they’ve been lying to us.

When those teams had one less loss than the teams they were going up against. Not one more loss like Georgia has

The CFPC has always stated they will take the 4 best teams based on their resume. It’s completely subjective, and when you start comparing all three team’s resumes against each other a case could be made for each team.

The CFPC has always stated they will take the 4 best teams based on their resume. It’s completely subjective, and when you start comparing all three team’s resumes against each other a case could be made for each team.

Can we expand to 6-8 teams and get the P5 champs in already, and cut the bullshit. If you want to know who is better between UGA, OU, and tosu, there’s a good way to find out. 5 conference champs + 1-3 at large bids. ND, UGA, and UCF get in.

I think Georgia is one of the 4 best teams. I'd pick them head to head on a neutral field over OU, tOSU, ND and maybe even Clemson. But can't see the committee putting a 2-loss non-conference champ in over 2 1-loss P5 conference champs - and don't think they should.

I've long said best playoff would be 5 conference champs, highest ranked Go5 champ, plus 2 at large. This year that gives you:
1 Bama
2 Clemson
5 OU
6 tOSU (probably)
11 Washington
8 UCF
3 ND
4 Georgia

I hope we get to this model in a couple years.

Can we expand to 6-8 teams and get the P5 champs in already, and cut the bullshit. If you want to know who is better between UGA, OU, and tosu, there’s a good way to find out. 5 conference champs + 1-3 at large bids. ND, UGA, and UCF get in.

So if Northwestern wins tonight, they in?

People whine all the time that student athletes are taken advantage of but are okay with forcing them to play more and more games in a sport that is horrible for their bodies.

Back