• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Bama did what had to be done. Gutsy win.

and y'all crazy if you think going from 4 to 8 teams really changes the nature of regular season college football

Auto bids would make college football more fun. More games would matter than the schedules of about 6 teams. As is now, there are probably half a dozen truly consequential games a year in the regular season. Let’s make Pitt-Wake or Northwestern-Purdue have more weight. Fans of the big boys are scared of a scrappy underdog. It’s ok to be scared.

You care about a sport that makes people die sooner than normal people. That makes you pretty stupid or selfish.

Why are you posting on a thread about a sport that makes people die sooner than normal? That seems to say that you are pretty stupid or selfish.

You care about a sport that makes people die sooner than normal people. That makes you pretty stupid or selfish.

If that’s what you think then why are you even arguing about who should play two more games you stupid motherfucker ? If you hate Georgia or the SEC just say so. Otherwise go feed your fucking fish and stop watyfootball.

Why bother playing the 1-4 playoff then? Why not just give it to Alabama and not play any of the games?

Playing today's games is part of what makes CFB great. Clemson scores on first play lightning strike by Etienne but here comes Pitt.

Playing today's games is part of what makes CFB great. Clemson scores on first play lightning strike by Etienne but here comes Pitt.

Right, but you are proving my point. In the status quo system, Bama is still in with a loss. Clemson might be in too depending on the circumstances. What’s the point?

I’m not totally sure about how I feel about this...but if conference champions get auto bids, how do y’all feel about teams resting players once clinching a championship game appearance?

I’m not totally sure about how I feel about this...but if conference champions get auto bids, how do y’all feel about teams resting players once clinching a championship game appearance?

If 2-3 teams get in via at large, you keep doing what you need to do to win every game to preserve the opportunity for an at large bid if you lose in your CCG.

Can we expand to 6-8 teams and get the P5 champs in already, and cut the bullshit. If you want to know who is better between UGA, OU, and tosu, there’s a good way to find out. 5 conference champs + 1-3 at large bids. ND, UGA, and UCF get in.
Heres my idea: have the 4 highest ranked teams who arent in conference championships play each other on conference championship weekend. After that weekend, take the five P5 winners, the 2 weekend non-con winners, and 1 at-large team, seed them 1-8 and have a playoff. That ensures all the top teams play each other, the conference championship remains relevant, and the best team that doesn't win its conference championship still makes the playoff.

2018 offical College Football thread

Fine. How many 4th quarters did Alabama’s starting QB play in in their hugely consequential regular season?

Clemson not much better than Wake Forest it Purdue apparently.

If 2-3 teams get in via at large, you keep doing what you need to do to win every game to preserve the opportunity for an at large bid if you lose in your CCG.

Sure, but this only applies to some teams. Northwestern clinched their division weeks ago, without a prayer to make it as an at-large. It definitely cheapens the regular season if NW mails it in, gets two losses they might not otherwise get, wins a conference championship game, and gets into the CFP.

Heres my idea: have the 4 highest ranked teams who arent in conference championships play each other on conference championship weekend. After that weekend, take the five P5 winners, the 2 weekend non-con winners, and 1 at-large team, seed them 1-8 and have a playoff. That ensures all the top teams play each other, the conference championship remains relevant, and the best team that doesn't win its conference championship still makes the playoff.

That’s actually not a bad idea if you’re committed to keeping this system. I assume the at-large team is the best G5 conference champ.

So under this system, Washington, OU, Bama, UCF and likely Clemson and OSU make it. And there would be games between ND/LSU and Mich/UF to determine the other two teams.

Sure, but this only applies to some teams. Northwestern clinched their division weeks ago, without a prayer to make it as an at-large. It definitely cheapens the regular season if NW mails it in, gets two losses they might not otherwise get, wins a conference championship game, and gets into the CFP.

Did you bother watching much of Northwestern this year? How valuable was their season as is?

Back