• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Watching the replay of the end of the SEC title game. The fake punt is one of the dumbest calls I’ve ever seen. They should make Kirby change his last name after that one.

They should make Kirby change his last name after that one

+1

Even an 8-5 Northwestern is ranked ahead of a 9-3 NC State. Tells you what the Committee thinks of the pitiful football the ACC played this season. Meanwhile the ever powerful SEC puts in 8 total. Wow on both fronts. The ACC needs to step it up.

Better overall resume. Thats the point of including the 1 at-large team, it assumes that at least one team that lost a conference championship still deserves to make the playoff, but in some years the at-large could be an undefeated non-P5 champion like UCF. I just happen to believe that 2 loss Georgia is still a better team than UCF this year, especially with their starting quarterback out.

So then you’re creating at least one meaningless conference championship game every year. How does it hurt your system to have the top G5 champ in the playoff? So they play the #1 most years. So what?

Even an 8-5 Northwestern is ranked ahead of a 9-3 NC State. Tells you what the Committee thinks of the pitiful football the ACC played this season. Meanwhile the ever powerful SEC puts in 8 total. Wow on both fronts. The ACC needs to step it up.

Good luck to your gamecocks as Alabama defends your title.

UGA is in a tough spot. I think they’re better than both OK or ND. But it’s easy to see scenarios in the coming years where UGA will have to beat AL twice to win a natty. Probably would have been the case this year.

UGA is in a tough spot. I think they’re better than both OK or ND. But it’s easy to see scenarios in the coming years where UGA will have to beat AL twice to win a natty. Probably would have been the case this year.

They could start by maybe beating them once to win a natty.

2018 offical College Football thread

That’s what the SEC money is for.

SEC fans brag about how good the conference is and then complain that it’s hard to win a national championship from the SEC.

They could start by maybe beating them once to win a natty.

I am hopeful UGA gets opportunities to do that. But even if UGA had won last night, the committee wasn’t going to drop AL out of the top 4. UGA would have had to beat them in the SECCG and probably again in the playoff. Not hard to see that scenario replaying itself.

Playing Texas is pretty shitty consolation, but I don’t know what a good consolation would have been

I am hopeful UGA gets opportunities to do that. But even if UGA had won last night, the committee wasn’t going to drop AL out of the top 4. UGA would have had to beat them in the SECCG and probably again in the playoff. Not hard to see that scenario replaying itself.

Yea, but like they didn’t beat them last night, so it’s hard to make your point. How many chances should they get?

lucille-portable.gif

Back