• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I think people are tired of Alabama / Clemson too, but no way around that this year. Did ND play one less game than the other 5?

I think people are tired of Alabama / Clemson too, but no way around that this year. Did ND play one less game than the other 5?

I agree about getting tired of Bama and Clemson, but if they keep going undefeated, they deserve to be there.

Pretty sure if UGA fans want to make the playoffs then they need to beat Bama and not lose two games, especially when there are 3 undefeated P5 teams and a couple more 1 loss conference champions.

Pretty sure if UGA fans want to make the playoffs then they need to beat Bama and not lose two games, especially when there are 3 undefeated P5 teams and a couple more 1 loss conference champions.

Or they could play in a conference like the ACC and prove their mettle against NC State and Pitt.

Or they could play in a conference like the ACC and prove their mettle against NC State and Pitt.

Yeah. They can change conferences and have an easier path instead of taking that SEC money and complaining that they have to play in the SEC.

Yeah. They can change conferences and have an easier path instead of taking that SEC money and complaining that they have to play in the SEC.

The same SEC that couldn't fill all its bowl spots with 6 win teams?

It wouldn't be an issue if the committee would be honest about picking the four best teams.

And I guess all that ACC money is being wasted on every team except Clemson.

The same SEC that couldn't fill all its bowl spots with 6 win teams?

I can only assume that you're not aware that the SEC is sending three teams to the playoff and NY6 bowls and has the same number of bowl eligible teams as the ACC. I can safely assume that because you're usually in the dark about most things.

Clemson realizes it plays a weak conference schedule, and has compensated by playing home and home vs. teams from the mighty SEC West each of the past three years

they seemed to manage those games a bit better than UGA has over the same time frame

Yes, they scheduled the team that Wake beat in a bowl game in their first game with a new coach (which they obviously didn't know would be the case at the time).

Props to Clemson for realizing they needed to upgrade their schedule to make it look like they're tying to play someone during the season. They've also signed up to play Georgia again in a decade.

Georgia also has a home and home with Texas scheduled.

Here's a link to the SOS rankings. Let me know where you find Clemson and Notre Dame who feast on ACC competition.

What's the troll on Herman's ballot?

Even an 8-5 Northwestern is ranked ahead of a 9-3 NC State. Tells you what the Committee thinks of the pitiful football the ACC played this season. Meanwhile the ever powerful SEC puts in 8 total. Wow on both fronts. The ACC needs to step it up.
Does this mean we get to laugh when Clemson wins the natty.

Does this mean we get to laugh when Clemson wins the natty.

If sc’s rival wins the natty over their SEC Crimson Tide, man that would have to sting. Take a trophy right out of their case in Columbia and put it in Clemson.

Back